2023 Roster

Thank you two for these recommendations. I’m not embarrassed to say “Legend” was my de facto introduction to reggae. I’m not alone- I’d argue “Legend” is perhaps the most influential ‘greatest hits’ album since the jazz era.

2 Likes

My first introduction to Marley was Exodus, but I have to say my favorite album of his is Kaya. I know he took some shit for it being “soft”, and less militant, but I love the laid back groove.

1 Like

Legend, and unfortunately the Eagles Greatest Hits.

1 Like

Sounds like Bregman or Altuve extension first - as Framber and Tuck seem more complicated.

I always thought Jimmy Cliff was the superior choice.

1 Like

The Harder They Come soundtrack is a great jumping-off point to find reggae other than Marley…Desmond Dekker is the one I remember most (eta: and Toots + the Maytals)

1 Like

Good point. Also, Trojan Records released any number of what they call box sets which in their case are three CDs in a box, compilations on one theme or another. Some are general and would be useful introductions. They used to be quite common, but I don’t see them in shops very often anymore. Maybe in a place like Waterloo or possibly Cactus they’d show up from time to time. I usually just buy what I want off Ebay and some Limey sends it over.

1 Like

Is this the music thread, not roster? I think I am lost.

2 Likes

Then you need the travel thread.

4 Likes

They’ll be talking about smart homes there.

2 Likes

“The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers. There is no parking in the white zone.”

“Don’t give me your red zone shit again.”

3 Likes

Chafin to DBacks. Moore and Britton still out there as far as I know.

Pretty substantive piece on Gurriel from MLBTradeRumors with Brown quotes included from yesterday. tl;dr is they love his clubhouse makeup and onfield contributions but just don’t see enough playing time for him.

3 Likes

Nope, all talk about Limey’s cable should stay where it is.

It’s a much longer thread than you’d expect

1 Like

CAT 2”

1 Like

Underrated comment.

There is an excellent box set of Lee Scratch Perry called Arkology that I cannot recommend enough. This is on the dub end of the spectrum.

1 Like

Can we please move this to the music thread?

2 Likes

Just ordered one, thanks.

1 Like