2023 Dead Pool

5 Likes

the epitome of “over” sharing here.

2 Likes

apology- was way too drunk

You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet.

1 Like

My aunt was diagnosed with stage 1A pancreatic cancer, underwent drastic surgery (Whipple procedure) and months of debilitating chemo, went into remission, the cancer came back within 18 months, and nearly another year of debilitating chemo before she died. All of that and she was considered one of the lucky ones.

I’m not sure where to put this, but it looks horrific. I suppose it could have been worse, but WTF is this about?

That’s a remarkably on point shopping center roster.

Shopping centers like that are exactly the image that comes to mind when FM 1960 is mentioned.

Way too many of them and they’re too close to the road.

And get off my lawn while you’re at it.

I do wonder what the U-Haul truck is doing in front of the foot relax joint.

Gina Lollobrigida. One of the most beautiful in her day. She was so pretty as Esmerelda in the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

1 Like

Did I read she was 95?

Stroads like 1960 are ugly, inefficient, dangerous and ridiculously expensive while generating limited revenue.

That’s a lot of woman in that row.

3 Likes

Frank Thomas.

No, not the Big Hurt. The Big Donkey.

16 years in the bigs starting in 1951, half of which were with the Pirates and included 23 games towards the end of his career with the Astros.

What is a “stroad”?

A contraction of “Street” and “Road” to describe those horrendous boulevards of chain store blandness.

That was an interesting video.

1 Like

The whole series is eye opening.

Case in point:

2 Likes

And just to round out the topic, the thing that kicked off the “Not Just Bikes” guy on his crusade against shitty urban planning was an 800 yard walk on FM 1960 at Willowbrook Mall.

This guy’s attitude reminds me of the prevailing mindset in Austin. While I admire his passion about the ways things should be, once a city is already car-dependent, it’s debatable whether its good urban planning to impede the car in a quest to remake a city into a minority’s vision.

2 Likes