2023 Dead Pool

Not to make it about me but damn, I’m getting that age.

1 Like

Limey is headed to his bunk to fiddle around with a rack and pull some cable

1 Like

My dad’s favorite Carnac the Magnificent joke:

“Kerfuffle: the sound it makes when Raquel Welch takes off her bra.”

2 Likes

Damn. I used to wake up every morning with that famous poster taken from One Million Years BC on my wall.

2 Likes

What a loss. Really makes me feel like that whole era of Hollywood is gone.

Among all her other work I have a real soft spot for Hannie Caulder, which may not be the best-regarded western ever made, but I watched it when I was young and it stuck with me for one reason or another (the reason probably being Raquel Welch).

1 Like

Were you digging a hole behind it?

4 Likes

I don’t think I want to know the answer to that or what he was using to dig said hole with.

2 Likes

I hope this time he’s more careful twisting his pair.

1 Like

2 Likes

Tim McCarver:

1 Like

Especially sorry to see McCarver go. His legacy in sportscasting approaches Scully-esque.

I guess I’ll never forget his run in with Deion Sanders.

Capital B
Capital S

3 Likes

Longevity, yes. Quality, fuck no.

6 Likes

Not even close to quality. Laughable idea.

As an analyst/color commentator McCarver was in a totally different lane than when he did PBP. He was okay as an analyst, explaining the nuances of the game in layman’s terms. In his commentary he often said dumb shit. He spoke his mind so occassionally he pissed people off. I never thought much of his PBP work but he was better than Ashby.

1 Like

This narrows it down not one bit.

2 Likes

I guess McCarver was better than Bill Worrell.

He had a distinguished career as a baseball player.

I’ve said this before, but when Tim McCarver was paired with Bobby Murcer doing Yankees games, he made uniformly good contributions to what was a very good broadcasting tandem. I have no idea what happened to him once he got to Fox. I assume that what we heard was exactly what Fox wanted. Anyway, once upon a time he was quite solid.