2023 ALCS Game 7

My theory: He got married in 2020.

2 Likes

And if the threshold were Evan Longoria there’d be a lot more. If you guys think Bregman is halfway through a HOF career, ok. I think that’s nuts.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong. Bregman has had one MVP caliber season in his career, and he didn’t win the award that year. He’s in the hall of well above average, currently.

Verlander and Altuve are the only two Astros who are HOF locks. Alvarez could be on such a trajectory if he maintains his current level offensively for the next decade plus.

4 Likes

Bregman had an MVP-caliber season the year the league was using a superball with red stitches. It was a perfect fit for his style of contact and made him look like a hitter he isn’t. He’s been remarkably consistent over the four years since then as a good-not-great hitter who doesn’t strike out much, walks a ton, and has enough pop to keep pitchers honest.

2 Likes

Don’t forget plus defender.

5 Likes

We should do Peña next.

1 Like

He’s already a lock for the HOF, why bother?

As HH said with Tucker there as to be some kind of injury with Peña as well. No way he goes from 20 homers last season to 10 in first half this season to zero in the second half without something being wrong physically.

23.5% WP in their last 34 games, including post-season, at MMP. Good Lord.

I believe it is a mechanical flaw in his swing… multiple issues, actually. Way too much pre-pitch movement and a herky-jerky load/timing mechanism. It all has to be perfect to get his swing in sync, but there are too many variables to correct. He needs to start from scratch and completely rebuild his swing.

1 Like

Lol

“Hey Tucker. Your swing stinks and you will never be a productive MLB hitter with it. This is Jeff Bagwell and he made the HOF with his swing. Lets just scrap yours, and mimic his. Ok?”

I think he was referring to Peña having multiple hitches in his giddyup.

1 Like

Pena, dude. C’mon.

1 Like

The problem with Peña’s swing is that his arms are three feet too short to reach the pitches he swings at. He needs to A) grow longer arms, B) use a 108”-long bat, or C) stop swinging at shit pitches 3 ft off the plate.

7 Likes

I’ll take option C for $100, Alex.

2 Likes

I think Pena’s mechanical/timing issues create the pitch recognition problems… at least, in part.

I think it’s the other way around. The mechanical problem is the synapses in his brain. He doesn’t recognize the pitch and so the parts of his swing are not where they need to be when they need to be there.

Right. What a ridiculous idea remaking his swing is.

1 Like

HOF post

Sorry. Clearly reading compression wasn’t my strength at the time.

You have to admit it was a funny response though.

1 Like