2023 ALCS Game 7

The Rangers probably win the World Series.

Wash your mouth out with soap

1 Like

Blasphemy!!!

1 Like

I didn’t I want them to.

Adios yall. Got some demons feed.

Well, great season with some amazing wins.

Dallas can kiss my ass, I’m going to catch up on football and Halloween movies.

1 Like

That’s “propane and propane accessories.”

1 Like

The worst outcome in baseball is better than most things. Fuck it. We have some great memories in any case.
Go get 'em next year.

5 Likes

They have the most potent lineup left going.

Welp. FTR.

1 Like

Let’s go National League victor.

Fuck arlington.

3 Likes

My humble off season team revamp

2 Likes

I think I’m left with a feeling similar to what I had in 2015. This is not that great a team that overachieved and overcame to get within a game of playing for it all. Twice. (I know that the 2015 team lost in the ALDS, but they lost to the eventual champions.)

A few weeks ago we were mostly resigned to the team not even making the post season. I’ll take all these ALCS appearances and hope for another next year after a productive and intelligent offseason.

8 Likes

Hopefully Crane doesn’t listen to Bagwell and Reggie Jackson and keeps getting further away from what made the Astros good.

2 Likes

Oh, please. That is the worst kind of bullshit.

2 Likes

The old baseball writer Thomas Boswell once shit talked Nolan Ryan by saying that “he had more Achilles’ heels than a spider.”

This team also has more Achilles’ heels than a spider. It’s a fucking miracle they made it to game 7 of the ALCS. Starting pitching? Do you trust anybody on this staff next year other than Verlander? And he’s a million years old. A trapdoor could open under him at any time. The offense? It’s just not very good, far less than the sum of its parts. The defense took a huge step back this year. The only thing exceptional about this team was the bullpen, and the deficiencies in every other department ground them down by the end.

How do you fix this? The farm system has been worn down to a nub by nearly a decade of win now trades. There are no hot prospects ready to graduate. There is no real trade capital. This year’s free agent market is weak, aside from Ohtani, who is far outside Crane’s price range.

Dana Brown is going to have to earn his fucking paycheck this offseason…

4 Likes

I’m ever grateful the Houston Astros baseball club got this fucking far. This season had so much hope, yet was a swift kick to the nads often times. It was a roller coaster/mind-fuck (as beisbol often is), but this team was resilient, gritty, tenacious and fought- I’m proud of them for that as we continued to piss off a lot of folks in MLB which makes me happy beyond measure. I’m not upset with getting this far, there were some stellar moments, but ultimately this team never seemed to be able to “get it in gear” as it were.

I just hope arlington loses the World Series and the off-season is a fruitful one for the Astros.

Let’s go Astros.

6 Likes

A stubborn old fucking moron of a manager did every single thing he possibly could to sabotage this team in the playoffs, and they still were within 1 game of the World Series.

Dusty Baker is a fucking lead anchor, and got absolutely abused in this series by a far superior coach.

8 Likes

Accurate.

1 Like

So you were against re-signing Rafael Montero, who was fresh off of a season where he had a 2.37 ERA in 71 relief appearances, along with a successful postseason. Hard to fault Houston for doing that. Also hard to fault them for signing Jose Abreu, who by the way, had over 100 RBI’s for this team this season.

2 Likes