2022 World Cup

Senegal not Ghana.

1 Like

Thanks. Corrected my brain farts.

US getting a ton of pressure. As usual, they haven’t converted.

GOAL PULISIC!!!

Naturally, he’s hurt running into the keeper on the follow through

1 Like

Now they have.

Looked like he took a knee to the mid-section.

I’m not sure it’s the midsection, I think he might have taken a shot to the head

Or a foot to the nads.

Definitely took one in the plums for the team.

He’s back on the pitch, speaking 2 octaves higher.

Highlights of the England - Wales game so far.

1 Like

HE’S ONSIDE

apparently not.

Pulisic is out.

Glad to see Aaronson in, he’s my favorite USMNT pissant/pest who just makes things happen

Why does the clock run while guys are just standing around wasting time?

So they can add time at the end.

That’s right. No one knows how long a game lasts.

A proper game timer that stops when the play is dead will require a reduction in the nominal game time from 90 minutes to something like 65. Pegging that number is going to be a huge squabble if and when it happens. At least they’re getting better at adding on stoppage time at the end, but it’s a luddite way of doing things.

Back in the day, they didn’t have a game clock or even announce the amount of time to be added. So at around 4:45pm (for a 3pm kick off) one section of fans or the other would start whistling for the referee to stop the match, with no one having any clue as to how long it would go on for. Including the players.

It would still be 90. It’s 90 minutes of game time, not just 90 minutes out of your life. If it takes 100 minutes of your life to play 90 minutes of game, that’s what it takes. It’s really no different than playing 90 minutes then adding an arbitrary 10 minutes at the end, except that everyone would know how much time is left in the game. I’m not sure who would object to that.