2022 World Cup

God damnit, fuck that fucking guy.

Now I’ll watch the McCarty-Lemieux “fight” again

1 Like

Post a link…

You had one job…

3 Likes

France too good for Denmark, but the Danes - and my man Andersen - can move forward by beating Australia with France - already through - beating Tunisia.

Huuuge game coming up shortly between Argentina and Mexico. If there is a result, then the loser is in big trouble; in fact, Argentina is eliminated with a loss.

Tomorrow’s late game is Germany vs. Spain is similarly seismic, with Germany actually or all-but eliminated with anything result other than a win.

1 Like

I would love to see Mexico beat Argintina.

2 Likes

I love to see anybody beat the Mexican Natl team

We should’ve seen it coming.

I have to root for Mexico because my wife is Mexican and there are certain things I like to do that would not be possible if I rooted against them

4 Likes

This is the correct answer.

I have found in the wake of significant experimentation that I can at the same time love a country and detest its national team.

3 Likes

Exactly. I’ve spent a whole bunch of time in the country, and I love the place and the people.

I just really don’t like their team and their hardcore fans. Have had less than totally fun interactions at 3 US-Mexico matches.

Try going to a Mexico - Panama game in the US as a Panama supporter some time, see how that goes.

Messi puts ARG up 1-0

Dos, boludo.

Speaking of countries I love, Argentina is high on the list.

1 Like

Not getting stabbed?

I suppose I’m rooting for the US, but after that Spain.

Here’s my problem - I’ve been to Argentina several times, but only to BA, and for whatever reason BA and I just don’t get along. I could go on and on about it but I won’t; I’ll just say that despite most if not all of the usual ingredients, BA just doesn’t inspire me the way lots of other huge cities do.

Now, obviously I am aware that there’s a little bit more to Argentina than BA, and it could well be that I would take to other cities just fine. I would really like to get to Mendoza at some point, and I definitely want to see the far south.

1 Like

I was fortunate enough to be dating the right girl at the right time in Houston around 15 years ago, and through her job at Rice she got a Fulbright teaching fellowship (teaching the future University English teachers of Argentina) to spend 9 months down there. So naturally I said “hell yeah, I’m mobile, so I’m going too”. So we moved to Mar del Plata, on the coast south of BA.

I agree with you about BA, we probably spent 5 various weeks there, and it was great to explore all the different neighborhoods and such, but I much preferred other parts of the country.

The areas around Bariloche, Salta, and Mendoza would be my top 3, easily. Cordoba, Ushuaia and Puerto Madryn would be the next, but for less time. It’s a bit tough to get to, but seeing the Iguazu Falls area was a majestic Grand Canyon-level experience.

Hell, if you’re ever interested, let me know. I’ve got a ton of pics and stuff, and they’d jog my mind about specific places and such.

Uruguay is excellent fun as well.

Córdoba is worth the trip.

2 Likes

Costa Rica beat Japan, throwing Group E into delightful chaos. Germany cannot be eliminated today, but a loss to Spain would still leave them in a deep hole. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: