2022 Dead Pool

Fun Boy Three was a fun project of his.

1 Like

Browning, 62 years old. Yikes. Some of these are starting to really hit home.

Yep. And donā€™t forget The Colourfield.

I donā€™t get bothered about my age - itā€™s just a number. But nothing has made me feel more old than when this was used in a commercial for retirement planning.

2 Likes

Last one. And, for the life of me, I have no idea why this has never been used (to my knowledge) in a movie by either Quentin Tarantino or Guy Ritchie.

1 Like

One of my (many) peeves is that the clips of the I.R. have all been edited to where you can watch the play and it made sense, accomplished by switching the camera angles. I watched the play live and remember it well, and in real time you had no idea what the fuck was happening for seemingly seconds.

Live video: New Footage! Immaculate Reception - Catch and End of Game including Referee's Phone Call - YouTube

1 Like

Iā€™ve only seen the highlights and always thought ā€œwhereā€™s the coaches film?ā€

Here it is:

1 Like

I dug up an old bootleg record in my ā€œdeep stackā€ and ran it through the record cleaning machine. Itā€™s a double LP from The Specials U.S. tour in 1980. It was January in Boston, almost exactly 43 years ago.

It was like time travel.

2 Likes

YouTube IS time travel.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cpfc/status/1606690076347535362?s=61&t=pdoGdSidFIQIiaABigctQA

Legendary Brazilian footballer Peleā€™ has died, aged 82 years.

2 Likes

That sucks. Hereā€™s the announcement on his Twitter feed.

3 Likes

Greatest athlete in team sport history who excelled in the most important world sport

And the 50th anniversary tomorrow of a day which took decades for me to process. My favorite player of all time, along with Honus Wagner

1 Like

I canā€™t believe thatā€™s been 50 years. I was 18 and still remember Clemente the player vividly.
An even better human.

As an asideā€¦hard to believe sideburns like Rathersā€™ were ever stylish.

Barbara Walters

2 Likes

She was 93.
I remember how good natured she was about Gilda Radnerā€™s ā€œBabwa Wa Waā€ impersonation.
RIP

5 Likes

Pope Benedict

ETA: Like anyone gives a fuck.

1 Like

Anita Pointer