2022 Dead Pool

I guess I forgot what the thread theme was and got off on a tangent about the 69 UT backfield. I will try to pay more attention now.

1 Like

Jamey Rootes. Very sad.

1 Like

When the Texans decided to carve out part of the blue parking lot to make room for the reserved ā€œplatinumā€ lot, I called to give them a piece of my mind. Rootes himself called me back to explain and offered me my choice of any spot in the platinum lot, plus a free extra parking pass. He knew fans by name, even coming to dinner with a group of us once on a road trip, and he bought me expensive scotch and cigars at a fancy hotel when Mrs Hawk and I won the Texans trip to the Pro Bowl in Miami. By all accounts he was a terrific guy. I donā€™t know what issues he was dealing with, but itā€™s sad that he left a family and many people who thought a lot of him.

1 Like

Original Dallas Texan (and KC Chief) Len Dawson

RIP Lenny

1 Like

Sad to see that. I knew he was in bad shape and had entered hospice. He was my dadā€™s favorite.

I remember thinking he was a pretty good broadcasting analysist on tv many years ago. Worked the AFC gamesā€¦must have been in the 70/80s.

1 Like

Inside the NFL on HBO was a go-to program when I was a kid

1 Like

Mikhail Gorbachev

One of the most important historical figures of the entire 20th century.

1 Like

His cameo in The Naked Gun was legendary:

3 Likes
2 Likes

That. Is. Epic.

1 Like

Frank Drake, astronomer, astrophysicist, and developer of the ā€œDrake Equationā€ has died, aged 92 years.

The chances of intelligent life in the universe just dropped a little.

2 Likes

Queen Elizabeth

I am so old I remember watching her coronation on TV.

Dead at 96, 70 years on the throne. RIP.

1 Like

First time in my lifetime sheā€™s not the Queen. Iā€™m not a royalist, but it feels a bit weird.

4 Likes

She had a helluva run.

1 Like

A buddy of mine:

ā€œStruck down in her youth.ā€

2 Likes
3 Likes