2022 Dead Pool

And narrator.

Well, fuckā€¦

Dame Olivia Newton John.

In high school I thought she was impossibly pretty.

RIP

2 Likes

Oof

Weā€™ll always have those summer nights

Yep.

Her grandfather was famous Nobel Prize-winning Physicist Max Born, who taught other famous physicists such as Robert Oppenheimer, Enrico Fermi, Werner Heisenberg, Wolfgang Pauli, and Edward Teller among others.

3 Likes

So he was quite adept at making bombshellsā€¦

8 Likes

When I was a college freshman or sophomore, there were big rumors that she was lesbian. I was told by a friend at A&M that repeating those rumors was cause for a beating. I hadnā€™t repeated them, and I donā€™t remember the context, but circa 1975 she surely was adored by 19-year-old Aggies.

RnR HOFer Lamont Dozier of Motown and Holland-Dozier-Holland fame.

Anne Heche

Moral: do not do cocaine, drink alcohol, and drive fast.

2 Likes

She had clearly been mentally ill for a long time but Iā€™m saddened at the destruction she left.

3 Likes

Yeah, do not know about that. Just repeating a toxicology report I read.

1 Like

Not a good way to go. Severely burned and then hanging on for a few days.

Destroyed a house and all its contents. One report I read said she ran into a parked car up the road but roared away before bystanders got to her.

1 Like

Probably in a coma most of the time. Still a hard way to go. Real bad for her and real bad for the people who have to live with the havoc she wreaked.

4 Likes

Itā€™s amazingly fortunate she didnā€™t kill, much less hurt, anyone else. I read somewhere that the car ended up two feet away from the person whose house she impaled.

3 Likes

Mental illness can be a horrible nemesis. Coupled with addiction or use, it can create desperate and grave outcomes. I am sorry to hear about her passing. Having to deal with the downstream affects of mental illness on the most vulnerable of populations in my life, I am relieved that the consequences are largely relegated to property damage. That is often not the case.

5 Likes

Saw this today, but hadnā€™t seen it in another thread.

Damn.

Elementary school teacher.