2022 Dead Pool

I’ve only seen the highlights and always thought “where’s the coaches film?”

Here it is:

1 Like

I dug up an old bootleg record in my “deep stack” and ran it through the record cleaning machine. It’s a double LP from The Specials U.S. tour in 1980. It was January in Boston, almost exactly 43 years ago.

It was like time travel.

2 Likes

YouTube IS time travel.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cpfc/status/1606690076347535362?s=61&t=pdoGdSidFIQIiaABigctQA

Legendary Brazilian footballer Pele’ has died, aged 82 years.

2 Likes

That sucks. Here’s the announcement on his Twitter feed.

3 Likes

Greatest athlete in team sport history who excelled in the most important world sport

And the 50th anniversary tomorrow of a day which took decades for me to process. My favorite player of all time, along with Honus Wagner

1 Like

I can’t believe that’s been 50 years. I was 18 and still remember Clemente the player vividly.
An even better human.

As an aside…hard to believe sideburns like Rathers’ were ever stylish.

Barbara Walters

2 Likes

She was 93.
I remember how good natured she was about Gilda Radner’s “Babwa Wa Wa” impersonation.
RIP

5 Likes

Pope Benedict

ETA: Like anyone gives a fuck.

1 Like

Anita Pointer

A little late putting this up, but…

Cohen was a one-club man, playing 12 years for Fulham before injury forced him to quit playing at age 29. During his professional playing career, he only ever won one trophy…the World Cup.

And sister of former Astro Aaron.

1 Like

Had no idea!

Didn’t that factoid get mentioned here in some other thread during the season? I had never heard it then and had forgotten about it until now.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’ve known ever since Aaron Pointer’s brief MLB career.
I had totally forgot about him being an NFL official.

1 Like

Oddly, I was much more familiar with Aaron than with his sisters back in the 60s. That is probably something my therapist would pick up on.

1 Like