2021 roster

Or if we knew the A’s would pick him up off of waivers !!

Like Rainman Gestapo in that opening series !

1 Like

Agent Raley. I like it.

1 Like

Raley has pitched in 38 games this season, he has given up runs in 15 of them. This does not include allowing inherited runners to score. Of those 15 games in which he has allowed a run, 8 of them he allowed more than 1 run. So basically, when you bring Raley in, flip a coin, if it’s heads you get a scoreless outing, if tails at least 1 run will score. Then you flip the coin again, if it comes up tails again, he’s giving up more than 1. These are not good odds no matter the current game score. Obviously this is hyperbole but his last 6 games by runs allowed, 0 2 1 0 2 0

Why leave out inherited runners?

His job is to keep them from scoring.

Track inherited runs too and it goes to 20 out of 38 and 12 out of those 20.

That’s slightly more than a coin flip.

Raley obviously has some very damaging photos of some folks doing some very weird and wild stuff.

I mean, that’s the only fucking way this makes any sense.

1 Like

I always thought giving RP a pass on inherited runners scoring was unfair.

If more than 1 pitcher is involved in a run, each base is worth 25%

If a RP comes in with runner on second and he scores - each pitcher charged with 1/2 an earned run.

Comes in with runner on first, RP gets 3/4 of the earned run.

Not giving a pass on inherited runners, just looked at his game log at a glance and didn’t dig deeper

2 Likes

That arbitrariness is not fair. You need to know how/why the runner scored.

43% of his 28 inherited runners have been allowed to score. 17 times he has come into a game with a runner on base and 9 times he’s gotten out of it with no runs allowed, 8 times at least one of his inherited runners scored

For the record, Joe Smith allowed runs in 11 of 27 appearances.

( though to be fair he gave up multiple runs in 10 of the 11 which is awful)

So Joe Smith runs in 11 of 27
Raley runs in 20 of 38

Smith was run out of town.

Agreed.

The only way that I can see that to work though is to make it a judgement call by the official scorer.

By the way

How can you paste part of a previous comment into the reply?

I haven’t figured that out.

Raley needs to drop his appeal tomorrow so he is suspended the last Giants game and both Dodgers games.

Not a good idea at all.

Try this:

• Hold left mouse button down at the END of the text you want to copy.
  • Keep left mouse button down as you drag to the beginning of the text you want to copy.
  • When that quote turns blue, look for a "Quote option - click it
  • A reply box will open w/ that quote that the top.
  • Post your comment after that.

PS: Ty’s approach is much more intuitive!

2 Likes

So watching Graveman last night…that sinker is filthy! I’m ready to lock this guy up for the next 2-3 years right now. Can we do that without luxury tax repercussions? I know annual salary hit on the cap is based off AAV but not much more.

When you hit the reply button to a specific post, click on the quote circle in the top left-hand corner, and you’ll be able to type your reply below the post you are responding to.

2 Likes

Ok.

Where do I report to sign my contract?

Way better than my suggestion!
Kudos!

Like this?

Like this