2021 roster

Agreed. The point of all of those trades, giving up guys like Toro and Straw, was exactly so they didn’t have to cobble together innings like that. It would make no sense to change Garcia’s role.

1 Like

To that point, I’m wondering if and how Javier’s role changes

Until he throws strikes consistently, Javier is a long relief innings eater. If he can command the zone, he’s a valuable high-leverage situational guy. He’s had his moments, but he hasn’t shown me that yet. Same with Stanek. If he were a strike throwing machine, he’s my closer. But he’s not.

2 Likes

Stanek’s inability to control his splitter is frustrating.

That is unfortunate. I moved down here 2.5 years ago from North Texas and the affiliation changes. I have been to a couple of games but would go to more if they were still developing future Astros.

You must not have seen Graveman. Dominating stuff.

Stanek has been much better lately and got screwed by Trucker’s flub. He had a clean inning without it.

1 Like

Only one year back with the Astros, dammit.

I think Javier goes back to the rotation if someone drops out. Not as much pressure to be precise there.

1 Like

I have not seen Graveman with the Astros, but it doesn’t change my opinion of Stanek’s stuff. He has tremendous stuff. I just think he gets too wild sometimes.

He throws hard, but not much more than Graveman. He was 97 in the zone last night.

That’s something I’ll never not be upset about. I can hear Express HR fireworks from my backyard, losing the AAA affiliation cut deep.

1 Like

Bielak and Abreu are getting optioned according to Dusty Baker

Abreu is a surprise to me

1 Like

Shit. Someone loves Raley.

Dusty, obviously.

1 Like

Click too, I guess.

2 Likes

I guess the lesson here is to be left handed.

Nivaldo Rodriguez DFA’d to make room for Meyers on the 40

I was worried this would be the case. What does Raley have to do to prove he isn’t good enough? I swear if Dusty puts him in a game that’s within 8 runs either direction I’m driving to where ever they are playing and kicking somebody’s ass

I think Click is equally fond of Brooks Raley. He hinted at it in his comments this week about the bullpen.