2021 roster

I think Javier goes back to the rotation if someone drops out. Not as much pressure to be precise there.

1 Like

I have not seen Graveman with the Astros, but it doesn’t change my opinion of Stanek’s stuff. He has tremendous stuff. I just think he gets too wild sometimes.

He throws hard, but not much more than Graveman. He was 97 in the zone last night.

That’s something I’ll never not be upset about. I can hear Express HR fireworks from my backyard, losing the AAA affiliation cut deep.

1 Like

Bielak and Abreu are getting optioned according to Dusty Baker

Abreu is a surprise to me

1 Like

Shit. Someone loves Raley.

Dusty, obviously.

1 Like

Click too, I guess.

2 Likes

I guess the lesson here is to be left handed.

Nivaldo Rodriguez DFA’d to make room for Meyers on the 40

I was worried this would be the case. What does Raley have to do to prove he isn’t good enough? I swear if Dusty puts him in a game that’s within 8 runs either direction I’m driving to where ever they are playing and kicking somebody’s ass

I think Click is equally fond of Brooks Raley. He hinted at it in his comments this week about the bullpen.

He did, but I doubt equally. You must be thrilled.

Haha, nah. I would be thrilled if he would stop walking dudes though and if Dusty would not bring him in the game in high leverage situations so he can screw it up and piss off Astros fans even more.

I’m sure he likes some of the underlying numbers, the spin rate ect and says “he should be good” just like how I look at my Longhorns and say “they should be good” but at some point you have to face the music, look at the results and say “well shit this just isn’t working and we need to do something else” I guess Click isn’t to that point yet

I’m confused why they don’t transfer Urquidy to the 60 day IL instead of losing another young pitcher?

I realize it’s a band aid until James or Baez is ready but it still seems like a better option for today.

RH are hitting over .300 off him. Maybe he should walk more of them. Someone needs to explain the 3-hitter rule to Dusty.

3 Likes

Maybe use him in a 7 run game with a LH hitter up that everyone knows they won’t pinch hit for and 2 outs.?

With nobody on base?

1 Like

James Click is a bright guy, but for a guy that has now been in the front office for two analytically-driven organizations, there is no excuse for having a blind spot when it comes to Raley’s performance this season.

Brooks Raley against RHB in 2021:

.304 BA, .368 OBP, .494 SLG = .862 OPS.

Put another way, Raley makes all right-handed hitters look like all-stars, and there is no way in hell he’s getting to face three left-handed hitters in a row, ever. The only manager who is that dumb manages the Astros.

2 Likes