2021 Postseason Roster

Doghouse? Why?

Good question.

He didn’t play in 5 straight or something like that last week.

Don’t know. But he was on the bench for an extended period, for no discernible reason.

The title of Dusty’s biography?

2 Likes

Gonna be some interesting choices here.

Per McTaggart:

ALDS schedule (White Sox vs. Astros)

Game 1, Thursday, 3:07 p.m., FS1
Game 2, Friday, 1:07 p.m., MLB Network
Game 3, Sunday, 7:07 p.m., FS1

Anyone who is a DirectTV Stream subscriber have any tips on how to access MLB Network?

1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Very helpful, Jo. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

For the past couple of years I’ve alternated between FuboTV and YoutubeTV. Fubo carries AT&T Sportsnet but not TBS, TNT, or MLB Network. YouTubeTV doesn’t carry AT&T Sportsnet. So as soon as the baseball regular season begins I switch to Fubo, as soon as the regular season ends I switch back to YouTubeTV.

1 Like

I do the same thing but with sling

1 Like

Thanks. Oddly, the article says " As far as 2021 MLB playoff action goes, if you’re a completist, then you’ll need DirecTV Stream’s $85-a-month “Choice” package. It features more than 90 live-TV channels, including ESPN, FS1, MLB Network, TBS and, depending on your coverage area, your local Fox station."

I somehow pay $90-a-month for the “Max” package, which is 60+ channels that don’t include MLB network. When I got “manage my subscription” there is no option for a larger “Choice” package, just the cheaper “Plus” package that has only 45+ channels. I assume this is a holdover from the transition from ATT Now to DirecTV stream, but you would think I would get offered the same shit they’re offering to everyone else. Especially given that I can pay $5 less and get MLB network, which is something I would have been watching all summer if it were available. I am totally and completely shocked that AT&T managed to fuck up what is supposed to be the most straightforwardly flexible and fool proof tv package concept.

I suppose an easy fallback is to sign up for the free preview week of Youtube TV on Friday and that would carry through the ALDS, and all the remaining series are on channels I already get.

1 Like

Are you on a grandfathered plan? There is no “Max” package on their web site, but there is a “Choice”. DIRECTV Channel Lineup - Local, RSN & National Networks

Also, remember when streaming was cheaper than cable/satellite? Those were the days.

1 Like

I must be, but for some reason switching isn’t an option. In addition to savings, having the flexibility to alternate services and packages on a whim is supposed to be another hallmark of streaming.

I’ve kept cable for that very reason. They have been exceedingly price flexible when I threaten to cut the cable and move to streaming. And, I no longer even need to call them. Just start up a chat with them and have the convo in the background while i am doing something else. Easy-peasy chat convo that takes 5 minutes once every 9-12 months.

2 Likes

It might be worth the soul-crushing experience of contacting support and seeing what they can do on their end.

2 Likes

I initiated that process and but then closed the window after ten minutes or so.

last year I watched the games on QVC. Girl I know uses you tube to search for what station the games played on and how to get it. A little complicated. She did it, I was just along for the ride.