2021 Postseason Roster

The White Sox are very RH and switch hitter heavy.

I agree (and don’t agree with Kaplan). Urquidy is a solid 3.5 era pitcher that turns it up a notch to 2.81 in a not-small sample size in the playoffs. Everything about his makeup shows that he raises his game in pressure situations and the numbers support this. You don’t leave someone like that off the roster and force your studs to short-rest early in the playoffs.

4 Likes

I agree that Grienke, Odorizzi, and Javier all being included would limit other options and weaken other areas of the bullpen.

That said, I can see the team choosing the experience of Grienke and Odorizzi

And also choosing the playoff performance history of Javier.

But it would be a mistake in my opinion.

They shouldn’t do the thing they won’t do, but then they shouldn’t do the thing they shouldn’t do, which would be a mistake in your opinion?

You wouldn’t say that if you could.

If they won’t do it then all is good with the world.

And what do I know. I’m just a fan spewing out my opinion.

I don’t think I like the idea of a 3 man rotation.

Its a good group but realistically mostly 5 to 6 inning starts, no true Ace. Why pitch one of those guys on short rest?

I’ll hang up and listen.

The Astros aren’t using a three man rotation in the postseason. There are not enough off days, and Urquidy is good enough to start in game 4. If the Astros did so, McCullers and Framber would both be pitching on short rest if the series went 5 games.

1 Like

I wonder how bad Siri is hurt?

Can he handle a bat?

Should they put him on the playoff roster if he can only field and run?

Just run?

He has shown to be a pretty reckless, overly aggressive baserunner. Maybe Stubbs is the right call.

Marwin is probably already on, but he sure didn’t do himself any favors last night.

One play makes him “overly aggressive, reckless?” BS.

I never said it was one play.

Maybe my description is harsh ( I am known to do that) but I have been worried about him being picked off or thrown out every time I see him on first

He hasn’t been yet. Though.

1 caught stealing isn’t the end of the world, and 3rd base coach sent him on the play at home.

It’s probably just me.

So who would you say is a good historical comp for him?

Bobby Bonds?

For whom? Bobby Bonds was a stud.

For Siri

And I agree Bobby Bonds was a stud from what I have seen, heard, and read.

I don’t remember him personally

And I realize that Siri has a long way to go to be the player Bonds was

But are they similar in style/skill?

Siri is an 8-year minor leaguer who is working hard to make and stay in the bigs. He can run and throw and hit with power. But I would not compare him to Bobby Bonds or to anyone yet. I hope only he gets a fair chance somewhere. He has paid his dues.

Small fracture of pinky finger according to Dusty.

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1444392686815834116?s=21

Done for the playoffs probably. Too bad. He had a good AB v Manea.

One of the only ones.

1 Like

That sucks.

All 3 rookies bring energy and pop at the plate.

ETA
RBI
Chas 49
Jake 27
Siri 9

That’s 85 rbi from the youngsters mostly in the bottom half of the order.

Big reason they won the division directly, and indirectly in allowing Straw and Toro to be dealt for bullpen help.

1 Like

I was really glad to see Meyers swing the bat well last night. He’d been scuffling and apparently landed in Dusty’s doghouse. He brings a lot to the bottom of the order when he’s going good.

2 Likes