2021 Postseason Awards

Well when you have as storied of a history as the Rangers. With absolutely no embarrassingly bad seasons or moments. It’s easy to look down on the Astros

Edit: just realized that the Astros have now been to the LCS more times than the Rangers have made the Postseason and that makes me pretty happy

4 Likes

I’m finding who is doing the voting more interesting than the voting itself. Another name from the past who isn’t exactly fondly remembered by most Astros’ fans…

Cora got a 1st place vote? I wouldn’t say that’s indefensible, but it’s certainly not mainstream.

JdJO is or was recently the head of the BBWAA

Nearly 7 years ago now, back when he was still with the Chronicle and not…Our Esquina?

Hitzges was one of the last of the non-veteran color commentators, as I recall. My dad really liked him.

Before the total domination of the “jockocracy”.

Cy Young:

AL Robbie Ray (Tor, now a FA)
NL Corbin Burnes (Mil, formerly of LA Law and Cle)

3 Likes

I moved from McKinney 2.5 years ago to Georgetown. I do miss the DMN, especially the Sports.
Maybe the best Sports section in America. I won’t pay for the Austin rag.

That would be the Boston Globe and no one else is even close in my opinion (and that’s coming from someone who hates every single Boston sports team).

I’ve subscribed on and off to the Globe for the last 5 years solely for the sports section.

Ohtani and Harper are your MVPs

3 Likes

The entire vote totals with Correa coming in 5th and Altuve and Tucker getting a vote or two apiece…

Judge finishing ahead of Correa is a bit of a head-scratcher. Also a bit odd was AP writer Kristie Rieken (one of the two Houston voters along with Justice) putting Perez and Mullins ahead of Correa on her ballot. More inexplicable was Jeff Passan giving Correa a 9th place vote.

I think those must be middle fingers at Correa. I can’t really think of any dimension where Judge was more valuable than Correa, except maybe in New York residency.

Props to the Globe for providing 2021’s Tombstone

Shaughnessy can be entertaining but overall he is a prick. Still a damn good sports section even with him.

That poodle headed fuckwit is the sole reason why I cannot get on board with you with respect to the Globe. Hey we’re great but you know, we’ve got to have our token assclowns. Wait, is the the Globe’s sports section or the NYT opinion section? Hard to tell.

1 Like
7 Likes

My emotions, they are mixed.

1 Like

look, I know from time to time, we hated Dusty, but Dusty deserves our respect. This was one season of baseball. Dusty is 50 seasons of baseball.

Hence the mixture.

I respect the hell out of Dusty. For many reasons. He’s still a bad game manager most of the time. My gripes with him have absolutely nothing to do with respect.

1 Like