2021 Postseason Awards

Dusty, Servais, Cash named AL MOY finalists.

Luis Garcia named ROY finalist along with Rice Stadium and Wander Franco.

I’d give it to Servais despite the fact he’s an ass.

And Rice-a-roni for ROY. He’s a beast.

So is Franco, but he didn’t play enough games to really be in the discussion, in my opinion. But it’s borderline unfair that they’re on the same team.

The fact that Arozarena just finished up his third Postseason, yet is still a rookie, bothers me a bit. He’s ALCS MVP one year, then ROY the next? Just…wrong.

8 Likes

Tucker didn’t get a Silver Slugger, and that is some real horse shit.

I just learned that Albert Pujols never won one. That’s hard to believe.

Luis Garcia finishes 2nd to Arozarena in ROY voting.

Voting breakdown…

Interesting that Footer and particularly Justice had votes.

1 Like

It’s both unsurprising and hilarious that only two DFW Writers and some Schmuck that’s At Large voted the Ranger Cubano first.

1 Like

Not that I can blame them for it, but they obviously stopped watching at the AS break. Because he batted a whopping .211/.256/.370/.626 over 69 games after the break.

2 Likes

Wow. Good to know.

I found it amazing that he (A. Garcia) got 3 first place votes but zero 2nd place votes. Homerism at its best.

A buddy of mine that lives in DFW and is a casual Rangers fan (and listens to a lot of Sports Radio, god save his horrible soul) was OUTRAGED that he didn’t get more votes.

1 Like

K.C.?

I live in DFW.

I listen to sports radio (ktck).

I am not outraged.

Then again I’m not a Rangers fan.

(I do like the DMN beat writer Even Grant who I assume was one of the voters)

No Grant wasn’t a voter as you can see from what I posted above.

(And based on what he posts on Twitter I tend to like him as well)

Ayup.

1 Like

I listen to that station whenever I’m in the Metroplex. I like Norm Hitzges.

Ah. It would help if I read it first.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Sherrington, and I don’t follow the Startlegram writers.

I will say this about Sherrington: back in the dark times he wrote a piece about the woeful Astros. Definitely felt like an assignment from an editor (hey, Houston is historically bad, write something about it).

The piece accurately documented to sorry state of the franchise at that point in time, the big gamble Lunhiw was taking, etc. But it also painted the Astros history as something like the bad news bears. As if they rebuild was just another chapter in a long history of ineptitude by a hapless franchise.

Nevermind the LCS appearances in the 2 division format, the 2 consecutive LCS appearances and a pennant in the 00s, multiple consecutive division titles in the 3 division format plus wc appearances.

Not to mention the great players the team developed.

Most of all, entering the rebuild, the team had an above .500 all time winning percentage.

Even now it’s at .496 (4635-4700).

So 2 conclusions:

1. I guess I do have an opinion about Sherrington
  2. Yes I can hold a grudge
3 Likes

Kapler and Cash are Managers of the Year.

Dusty was 3rd in AL voting.

Hitzges is still around? Wow I can remember watching him nearly 50 years ago on KERA.

1 Like

Yep.

He’s still at it.

He’s had a few health issues in recent years.