Yankees @ Astros, 7/10/21

Alvarez gets a shot. Two on with one out…foul, ball down at 100MPH, 4-6-3 double play and we let Cole off the hook.

Still trail 1-0.

Yuli and Uncle Mike have cooled off considerably.

Astros don’t have a hit thru 4

I think Altuve and Brantley entered with 0 for 10 streaks.

T5: Javier in for Grienke who only threw 65 pitches and didn’t look injured in the dugout when talking to Baker and Strom.

Higasioka up…ball, foul, ball, ball almost hits him, ball almost hits him again. Lead off walk.

Javier has struggled of late. Yankees have never see him.

Guessing this was a planned tandem start.

Lecastro up…strike on failed bunt attempt, slow grounder to short will be a 6-4 fielders choice.

One down with runner at first.

He moved down the line quickly.

Lemaheiu up with Lecastro at first who can fly and is a serious threat to run…throw over to first, throw over again, called strike at top of zone, throw over to first, foul tip into Maldonado’s glove, swinging strike on a fastball away. Two down runner at first.

Judge up…55 foot ball pitch for ball one, throw over to first, swinging strike, strike looking, strike three!!

Still trail 1-0.

Locastro can fly, made Altuve’s play on him earlier all the more impressive.

Does anybody know where I can pull game scores programatically? I’d really like to plot scoring distribution for the Astros and other teams to see if the Astros are as bimodal as it feels like they are.

1 Like

So Ford just said on radio that when Judge hit his homer, as he rounded first base he grabbed his jersey a la Altuve as if to stop someone from ripping it off.

What a dick.

2 Likes

B5: Astros still looking for a hit.

Tucker flies out on the first pitch

1 down

He very much did. The whole buzzer thing was the most infuriatingly fucking stupid part of the whole cheating scandal.

1 Like

Toro up…strike looking, ball, base hit to center.
One on with one out.

A HIT!!!

Yes, he did. They showed it on the broadcast during his at bat last inning.

The Yankees and Dodgers’ organizations are a bunch of hypocrites.

3 Likes