World Series

Coach is currently driving, but he says he misunderstood what you meant.

1 Like

I don’t think Tucker “botched” the play, but he should have caught the ball. I think with a 5 run lead he was playing it safe, which was a mistake in hindsight. He could have caught that ball standing up with ease in my opinion, but he didn’t commit to doing so.

And let me say how unnecessary Diaz’s “performance” the the last at bat of the game was considering that Robertson never threw him a strike and he could have easily walked and passed the baton. He just threw gas on the bs cheater narrative.

1 Like

I’m wondering if Verlander is now like late career Clemens. He only has so many pitches in his body each season, and he hits that limit some time late in the playoffs… Verlander last night really reminded me of Clemens throwing pus and unable to hold an early lead in Game 7 of the 2004 NLCS.

1 Like

Those fucking fools need to cool that shit.

3 Likes

They’re probably the same dingleberries the camera seems to find wearing the oversized orange foam cowboy hat, using the mongo fist beer holder thingy with an Astros license plate dangling around their necks.

1 Like

Have thought the same about the Phillies/2017 Astros comparison. Playing loose and with house money.

I did not have a view to tell me if Tucker should have caught it, but it was hit like a rocket right at him. If he took a step back and tried to surround it to keep it from going to the wall, I understand.

I didn’t think Tucker misplayed it either. I didn’t think he had a chance to catch it.

1 Like

Sitting where I was, I did not either.

Also I haven’t seen yet how hard it was hit, but I feel like it was one of the hardest hit line drives I’ve ever seen. The announcers were confused that the runner didn’t score but I honestly thought holding him was the right call.

1 Like

Hit like a bullet. Very hard hit.

Yep. Save that shit for after the game/series.

And balls like that often knuckle a bit…

Exactly

The Astros DH spot, in the postseason:

ALDS G1 (Mancini): 0x4, K
ALDS G2 (Diaz): 1x3 (2B)
ALDS G3 (Mancini/Diaz): 0x5, 2 HBP
ALCS G1 (Diaz): 0x4
ALCS G2 (Alvarez): 1x4, R, 2 K
ALCS G3 (Mancini): 0x4, K
ALCS G4 (Mancini): 0x2, BB, K, SF RBI
WS G1 (Mancini/Diaz): 0x5, 2 K

Overall: .064/.171/.097 in 35 PA, one XBH, one productive out

Just phenomenally bad, to the point that even Altuve is outperforming this.

2 Likes

That’s worse than letting the pitcher hit.

2 Likes

So you’re saying Hensley, literally could not be worse if he tried? Good, give him a shot. You had to PH for your DH last night and it wasn’t for a platoon advantage, how stupid is that?

I wish they had added a 3rd catcher. I think Vazquez is the best bat we have on the bench. He’ll at least make the pitcher work, if you don’t want to give Hensley a shot

2 Likes

I thought if Vazquez were the DH, he could still play catcher if Maldonado comes out. It’s just that the pitcher would then bat in the DH spot. But at that point, you’re likely in the bullpen anyway, so could pinch hit the DH spot, if needed. That’s no worse than game 1.

Put Alvarez in LF until there are no more games, and stop giving ABs to Diaz and Mancini unless someone gets hurt. Hensley or even Dubon would be a better DH choice at this point.

They’ve been whistling past the graveyard on this as long as they kept putting up W’s. No better time than being down 0-1 to shake things up a bit.

2 Likes