World Series

Cabrera also had a perfect game in the GameZone thread!

Yeah I just thought about that! Scooped again!

1 Like

Here’s another one for you: Madison Bumgarner could start G6 of the World Series, give up 23 straight solo home runs, and leave the game without recording a single out, and he’d still have a lower career WS ERA than Verlander.

Philadelphia baseball teams won in 1929, 1980, and 2008, and economic collapses ensued Want to save your portfolio? Want to avoid the mortal choice between food and medicine? Then Houston is the only choice

2 Likes

Good link! Thanks!
(Summary of first couple minutes)

• The panel was CONCERNED - 9 runs off their top pitchers and angry about Yordan’s advance to 3B on the fly ball, setting up the 3rd run in the 1st!!!
  • Wheeler - only 8 swings and misses.
  • Of the four Aces that started in WS so far, only Valdez pitched like one.
  • (07:00 - 08:00) When Fraber suspicions came up, Ben Davis put it to rest IHHO…

Love seeing a view from the other side.

(Fixed it to 7-0; sure was nice to be undefeated…)

Love having the Astros in the Playoffs, and the attention that comes with it. Plenty of articles…
SI had a different take on the Phillies “copying” the Astros rebuild - Nix

This was fun: You Be the Ump - The New York Times

I missed the Sewald pitch, but got the rest right.

1 Like

I missed only the last pitch. Don’t know whose it was, but it was paint on the outside corner.

Same one I missed

1 Like

Joe Musgrove, I misses that one too

1 Like

Funniest thing about this is the one that was Hader to Schwarber, I knew what pitch it was before hitting “throw pitch”

One of the better player yells at umpire moments this season

1 Like

Hey @das any update? We good to go?

I was tempted to call it a strike to let Schwarber calmly explain his point of view.

I missed the Musgrove pitch.

I knew it was a strike from prior comments but there’s payback for his comments.

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and let your heart call it

Not das but our favorite Phillie fan:

https://twitter.com/mattlanza/status/1587157683395858432

1 Like

Don’t hang it anywhere until that’s the number of wins he’s gotten in the WS

2 Likes

This is even better.

Hensley is the DH.