World Series Game 1, October 28, 2022

Bregman missed one begging to be crushed

1 Like

Popup. Whoā€™d a thunk.

Rats.

Bottom of the 1st.

Nola pitching.

Altuve - FB/sinker strike (low outside corner), fouls off low outside cutter, looks at cutter further outside and low, fouls off inside FB, swings and misses at ball in the other batterā€™s box.

Pena - FB/sinker strike in low outside corner, ditto, bounces outside breaking ball, another low/outside breaking ball, called third strike on FB in low/outside corner.

Alvarez - breaking ball low, FB high and outside, fouls off high outside FB, FB high and inside, low/inside changeup. Walks.

Bregman - FB low and outside, fouls a FB right down the middle, pops up cutter F5.

End 1. Phils 0. Astros 0.

Well, guess itā€™s rum and cigar time

1 Like

My first Manhattan of the evening, not to be the last, is helping immensely.

1 Like

Had half my pizza and working on a fresh 15-pack of Founderā€™s IPA.

Harper swinging for the fences, missed three times.

1 Like

Pregame Cuba Libre and a 12 pack of Coors tallboys has worked for the Stros so far so Iā€™m changing nothing.

3 Likes

I bought two bottles of commemorative Astros wine in 2017. Mrs Hawk hates the bottles taking up space. I told her if the Astros win the pennant, weā€™d open one before Game 1. If they win the World Series, weā€™ll open the other. Popped one tonight. Itā€™s terrible.

7 Likes

Maybe make some wine coolers?

Sangria

I see some sangria in your future.

1 Like

I love this.

Attaboy JV

2 Likes

Top of the 2nd.

Verlander pitching.

Harper - swings and misses a high FB, swings and misses another FB (94mph), swings and misses at another high FB. K!

Castellanos - curveball high, pops up FB F3.

Bohm - fouls back FB, fouls curve 3rd base side, early again on a slider (foul), grounds out 1-3.

Mid 2. Phils 0. Astros 0.

1 Like

Or he could make it even worse by adding Coca-Cola to it like the Spaniards do.

We all must sacrifices for the revolution.

3 Likes

We really need the guys to score some runs.

I hope he isnā€™t pressing as much in his mind and I am for him every time he comes up to bat. I want to win, not matter who comes thru, but I agree, Iā€™d love for it to be Mancini. Class dude. Letā€™s go right here Trey!!

2 Likes