World Series 2021

Have fun. Better bring home a win.

2 Likes

Me and my brother’s two families are going to the game in Atlanta on Saturday. I haven’t been to an Astros game outside of MMP since the scandal. I’m hoping the fans that surround us will be somewhat civilized. We shall see.

2 Likes

Not sure how I feel about that OF in Atlanta. Dusty did say it was an “option” a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Yeah, but at least Tucker has experience at CF and Brantley in RF.

I suppose they could always bring in defensive replacements.

With Framber on the mound I think it’s a no brainer.

I love Chaz’s attitude and glove. But he is overmatched frequently at the plate.

Alvarez and Tucker simply can’t sit. Period IMHO

So it’s between Brantley in RF with a wobbly Tucker beside him in center

Or Brantley on the bench with a better defense.

My hope is that they are up 3-0 and then feel better about either scenario they choose in game #4.

1 Like

I wonder why Stubbs was left off again? I wonder if his hand was really injured.

Especially at the NL park it would be nice to have more leeway with using Castro

Count me in the camp that would rather Brantley sit in ATL.

Count me in the camp to decide after game 2.

4 Likes

No, no, no, no, no

2 Likes

I’ve read several times that Chas is a superior central Gardener defender. I guess I haven’t paid that much attention.

This.

1 Like

I don’t know what your eyes tell you or you have read, but IMHO McCormick is a very good defensive CF. I see him playing smart and making all the plays. He isn’t afraid to dive either, and appears to be very good at making the play without his feet on the ground.

Easily the best on this roster.

Siri has great speed but I have seen him have some poor reads/jumps. And he is more spectacular over consistent.

I haven’t seen much of Tucker except one game in SF that scared me. But that was SF which is a different animal. My guess is: average with a side of adventurous.

Of course Meyers is the complete package defensively. It’s a shame he got hurt.

1 Like

First pitch(es):

3 Likes

I have no idea how this metric is calculated, but I guess the stats agree.

1 Like

That was my thought too. The best explanation I’ve seen is that Atlanta has so many left-handed relievers (Smith, Minter, Matzek, Smyly) that it makes more sense to add another RH pinch hitting option than free up Castro for additional ABs.

1 Like

At least that is a logical reason

And who knows. Marwin could end up being the hero in one of the games

It’s been known to happen.

1 Like

Been a little while. Always enjoyed listening on the radio.

Any chance they will let Bell pitch the first pitch in game 3 in Atlanta? :honeybee:

1 Like