What are you eating?

What am I eating? Thai street food in and near a night market in Phuket. Including a Michelin-rated stall. It’s glorious.

10 Likes

Hee-hee.

It’s what you say when you try street food in Thailand.

1 Like

I love Phuket, although I haven’t been there since just before the tsunami.

1 Like

I’ve been threatening to take an extended holiday around that part of the world. Have never been to Vietnam or Singapore or New Zealand.

1 Like

Cannot recommend Singapore enough.

3 Likes

Co-sign. Same about New Zealand. I haven’t made it to Vietnam yet, but I’d love to go. Anywhere I can easily get soup for breakfast is a place I want to be.

3 Likes

Singapore is fine* but Thailand is soooo much more interesting.

[Whatever you do, they fine you.]

3 Likes

Done that. It’s awesome, may stop back by.

I have family in NZ so I’m thinking that’s my month-ish stop on the way back. Am very geeked about Vietnam and Singapore (3 weeks or so b/t the 2)

Anyone ever used this chile powder? Thinking about ordering some.

Somebody reminded me of it recently, while talking about Jr High cafeteria, Salisbury Steak.

We are cooking this for dinner in a bit. It was the best looking recipe she found on the web

“Restaurant trick for an extra tasty gravy” == “Add more butter”

1 Like

and a bit of red wine

I’ve probably said this before but I joke that my favorite New Orleans cookbook starts every recipe with “melt a stick of butter”

Smoking one rack of baby backs and one rack of St Louis style. Meanwhile eating a broccoli casserole.

3 Likes

I approve of this post.

Broccoli, cheese and rice?

I’d be more than happy to help you eat that, but we’re roasting a chicken and some vegetables this evening. Going to pan fry some potatoes while the bird rests.