What are you eating?

My last one:

8 Likes

Nice!

Thought what the heck, you guys might wanna see this:

This is my “smoke shack”. I’m a bit of an enthusiast. I love learning new techniques and smoker types. There are 11 smokers/grills in this pic and my offset is outside.

9 Likes

You’re gonna need a bigger shack.

5 Likes

These went on the grill earlier this evening. Bone in Kurobota chops from one of our local purveyors.

2 Likes

I do wheel them out when I fire them up!

Holy smokes. Literally. Enthusiast indeed

Wanted to give it a 10, but since no Old Smokey, 9.7

2 Likes

If they’re Berkshire pigs, why are they called Kurobuta chops?

Interesting question. I had no idea, so I looked it up on the interwebs:

Kurobuta pork, also known as Berkshire pork, is a heritage breed of pig that originated in Berkshire, England. The name comes from the Japanese term for “black pig” because the Berkshire pig is mostly black in color. Kurobuta pork is highly valued for its quality and flavor, and is sometimes called “the Wagyu of pork” or “the Kobe beef of pork”.

1 Like

Nice!. Knowing is half the battle.

2 Likes

Now I know why grills are so expensive. You’ve cornered the market.

3 Likes

I will now need future updates on HH’s brisket and Mike’s porkchops.

…and @WVASTRO questions: what’s the bottom-right one?

When I was a freshman in high school I was in FFA, and we had a unit on pig breeds. It was years before I figured out that James Taylor was singing about hills in Western Massachusetts and not a dreamlike breed of pigs.

1 Like

I’ve always assumed you went to inner-loop Houston HS. Where was this?

Vernon, Texas, just about 300 miles north of Marble Falls.

ETA: I did go to the inner loop high school in Vernon.

4 Likes

I’m shocked that Vernon didn’t have a loop.

I was born in Wichita Falls, btw, didn’t live there long.

1 Like

That’s the big city.

1 Like

I’ve never been back and remember nothing about it.

I’d keep it that way. My favorite Wichita Falls story though is about a fraud run in Wichita in the 20s, when it was an oil boomtown. A conman sold investors interests in an office tower to be constructed based on plans drawn on a scale of 1" instead of 1’. Nobody noticed until the building was built and the builder absconded. It’s the world’s smallest office tower. World's littlest skyscraper - Wikipedia. The building is still there, and should be a national monument.

4 Likes