What are you eating?

Made lasagna Friday, still eating leftovers.

Next on the agenda is some sort of “larb” type thai lettuce wraps.

I’ve had no luck grilling chicken for fajitas.

Why? Too dry?

And tasteless.

Have you…hear me out…tried marinating them?

I’m puzzled as to how one can grill chicken to no taste. But everyone gotta be somewhere.

Yeah. But I’ve only ever tried with boneless skinless breasts, so it was probably doomed from the gitgo.

Again…marinade. Can’t use the super-thick ones either (slice in half or pound to about 3/4"). Grill on medium, med-high for 4-5 mins per side.

Also, if you want a more forgiving time on the grill, use trimmed boneless thighs.

Medium high is way too cold to grill, IMO. It needs to be jet engine hot.

Not for me, for chicken breasts like I’m talking about.

Of course it depends on the grill and the tastes of the griller.

I suspect this right here would change the game.

1 Like

Could be me, but I think the number one problem people have on the grill is that they don’t get it hot enough. They’ll say “it’s at 350 degrees…”. Yeah, it needs to be at 700…preferably closer to 1,000.

1 Like

Again…this is chicken. I don’t like mine rare on the inside and black on the outside.

eta: the fancy ribeye I mentioned earler this month was absolutely perfect when I reverse seared it: in the oven until the center was 155 and then seared the hell out of it on a blazing/smoking hot cast iron. One of the best steaks I’ve ever had.

It’s not.

I’ll be right over.

There’s a couple of fajitas left. Maybe low on the tequila.

Again…the grill and the griller. I know mine, and you know yours.

No, no, no…there’s my way and the wrong way. You know this.

Three things every man thinks he can do better than every other man: build a fire, grill a steak, and coach football.

3 Likes

Just got back from a weekend tour to Fukuoka and of course had the famous local Hakata style ramen that very much lived up to the hype. Just a masterful bowl of pure bliss. And of course watching the chef work was fun.

3 Likes

Blasting a fancy ribeye to 155 seems like cruel and unusual punishment for your fellow diners.

2 Likes