Twins at Astros, June 2, 2024

You thought you had seen insane lineups before?

DH Tucker
3b Bregman
LF Alvarez
SS Pena
CF Meyers
2b Dubon
C Caratini
1b Abreu
RF McCormick

P Brown

Today’s game is available only via Roku

My outside TV is not Roku compatible. I’ve never been able to figure out why.

MLB needs to get this shit sorted quickly. The balkanization of viewing options is going to lead to decreasing interest.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what they’re doing? For the last decade people have bitched to no end about having to have cable or satellite to watch games and demanded options on the streaming services they already had, like Prime, Roku, and AppleTV. Now it’s complaining that games are on Prime, Roku, and AppleTV.

1 Like

I had to look at MLB to make sure this was real.

I report, you decide.

All that fucking idiocy and Pena still sits in the cleanup spot.

1 Like

It’s like Espada is allergic to writing Peña’s name in the two hole of a lineup.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think that this may be a fan psychology experiment of some sort.

1 Like

I understand televising games via streaming platforms rather than cable networks like ESPN or TBS, but it’s irritating that the those living in the markets involved in the game can’t also watch the game via their local provider.

1 Like

Like on the Roku Channel?

As long as the Yankees enjoy such a huge competitive advantage under the current system, don’t expect it to change.

1 Like

Manfred and MLB have said repeatedly that they want things to change and move to a “a la carte” style system, but have also said that it will take some time. He’s also mentioned “centralized broadcast revenue”.

Not holding my breath, but we’ll see.

The league recognizes this, but the Yankees will just not allow it. At the end of the day, they call the shots.

No fan has said they want their team to stream on different platforms that require different subscriptions.

4 Likes

No, they want them all streamed on the platforms they already have. They’re a demanding bunch.

Yes. I’m able to download that on my Samsung TV.

I’ve got roku stuff, but I’ve never heard of an exclusive game on it that I can remember

It’s brand new. Like within the past couple weeks.

1 Like