Turn the page

Let’s hear your explanation for an 0-6 record and an era over 6 in 8 World Series appearances. I love JV and hope he pitches like he can game 5. However, I don’t feel great about him being on the mound game 5.

Might say he’s due. In any case, he’s going to start game 5. Any handwringing or shouting at the clouds about his numbers is wasted energy.

1 Like

I hope he throws a shutout.

I got to my hotel in SF, opened OWA, saw this thread and Bob Seger started playing in my tiny brain…

Let’s fucking do this, Astros.

3 Likes

Also he’s had a “decent” start about as often as awful starts.

JV WS starts
IP ER
06 5 6
06 6 1
12 4 5
17 6 3
17 6 2
19 6 4
19 5 3
22 5 5

5+ innings and 3 or fewer runs at least keeps you in the game. 4+ runs is a killer. Just don’t blow up

1 Like

Why does any pitcher fall apart in any given inning of any game? Is it always the result of some mental lapse, or are there any other possible explanations?

Either an injury, a tired arm, a mental lapse or they are simply better than you.

Well. I’d say that page done been turned.

4 Likes

Still gotta go to the next page. Nothing but one game is won today.

5 Likes

Yeah, they have to turn this page, too.

2 Likes

For sure. JV’s turn to turn the page.

4 Likes

Bregman says they are good as a team at “turning the page” on MLB Tonight

I heard that.

I’m glad we’re all on the same page.

Breakfast is served

4 Likes

I live happy endings!!!

2 Likes

I think we can stay on this page for a while

5 Likes

Turn the page, put it in a leather bound collection.

2 Likes

The End.

6 Likes

And they all lived happily ever after

5 Likes

The Grandson : A book?
Grandpa : That’s right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I’m gonna read it to you.
The Grandson : Has it got any sports in it?
Grandpa : Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…
The Grandson : Doesn’t sound too bad. I’ll try to stay awake.
Grandpa : Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

Grandpa : This time they finish the job!!! THE HOUSTON ASTROS, WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

The Grandson : Grandpa, maybe you could come over and read it again to me tomorrow.
Grandpa : As you wish.

5 Likes