Turn the page

I would like to once again remind the contestants to refrain from ethnic slurs.

1 Like

If Game 5 is an elimination game and Verlander starts it, Dusty deserves to get his dick punched inā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s no chance that Verlander doesnā€™t start a game 5 elimination game.

3 Likes

Come on. Verlander will start.

3 Likes

Verlander is going to start Game 5. Period. But it doesnā€™t give me warm fuzzies.

2 Likes

Framber will be able to go on full rest for Game 5. Yes, we need starts from both of them to get through, but Verlander should be given every possible advantageā€¦ starting at home and with an extra day of rest (since lack of stamina seems to be a real issue for him now).

One could argue extra rest has hurt him in the postseason. This would be the first time in over a month that he would be pitching on normal rest. Remeber the Astros used a 6 man rotation much of the year so 5 days off would be normal. Plus itā€™s Justin Verlander. Youā€™re not skipping his spot unless he is hurt.

2 Likes

Who at the Astros social media team is lurking?

4 Likes

Vazquez catching, Diaz in LF tonight

Whyyyyyyyyy

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry.

Yordan is in the pen.

2 Likes

I read this in Nancy Kerriganā€™s voice. Sounds right.

So you have diagnosed it as a lack of stamina? I think not. He was throwing 96 and 97 in the 5th inning but could not locate his breaking pitches down. He will pitch Game 5, imo, and I still have faith in him.

3 Likes

My final thought/request as we get ready for tonight.

Not like this, 2022 Houston Astros.

Not like this.

Letā€™s go.

3 Likes

He looked fine through 3. After the 5 run lead he fell apart. Seems like it was more mental than physical to me.

There is no fucking way Justin Verlander has ā€œmentalā€ issues. That is absurd. He could not get the slider and curve down consistently, and the Phillies are damn good hitters.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind this. Something needs to change with Yordan and I sure as shit donā€™t want Mancini out there.

1 Like

Yordan hit the third double in Game 2, and he hit at least one ball on a line last night. Maybe he will break out tonight. I hope to hell he does.

I wouldnā€™t call it absurd. Something caused him to change into a completely different pitcher in the 4th inning. Something also makes him turn into a different pitcher in the World Series.

Absurd.