Travel 2021

Puro Ron Abuelo ahuevao

La reseña:

Y el flow:

https://www.instagram.com/ronabuelopanama/

For sipping? I love Ron Cartavio XO. I also like Zacapa 23, Brugal 1888, and if you want something sweeter, Bumbu is like drinking a glass of bananas foster. Not a a fan of Flor de Cana. It’s pretty harsh, IMO.

If you’re mixing, it probably doesn’t matter too much, unless you’re making a dark ‘n stormy, in which case it legally has to be Gosling’s, or the booze police may come after you.

I am partial to Sailor Jerry and ginger ale. It takes like a cream soda.

I haven’t bought rum for the house in 25 years. Instead I get cachaça. I prefer it over rum.

I can’t spell that. I can barely spell rum.

On the plane from VT to DC and it’s completely full. I’m surprised.

More importantly, what rum are you drinking?

Safe travels.

I scored the upgrade on this flight. I’m guessing all the Platinum Plus people were still in bed. The lady across the aisle asked for a glass of white wine as soon as we were seated but before the people in business and economy had boarded. While the plane was de-iced, she asked for another. In flight service, one more and, as the cart was rolled through for cleanup, a fourth. The flight took off at 6:01am and landed in DC at 6:49am. It was an impressive early morning display.

2 Likes

It is always 5:00 on an airplane – even if it is still on the ground.

Total agreement here. We got a surprise upgrade to Business Class on our flight to Moscow, and I was drinking champagne while the plebeians filed by.

1 Like

The workers will rise up!

Eating cake all the while?

1 Like

Did business class to and from Ireland this year and it’s the total bomb. My goal is to never fly internationally again in coach.

1 Like

If Covid ever lets me travel again, I will go business class both ways.

The best thing about corporate international travel is getting to fly business class. I’m not sure I could handle a 36-hour trip in economy. Some airlines’ business class are better than others, but they all beat economy. Except maybe United. Their business class still sucks donkey balls.

1 Like

ALL of United sucks donkey balls.

3 Likes

I’d love to hear your impressions of Moscow and the places you liked most. Novodevichy is always my favorite, but comparing Red Square recently to my first visit in 1981 is cause for pause.

My trip (a river cruise, which really was a cruise on contiguous bodies of water) was 2011 so I do not have current impressions. I am a child of the Cold War, and I was so in awe of actually being in Moscow and later in St. Petersburg, every place we went was great to me. I could not believe I was walking on Red Square! Oh, hey! That is the Kremlin, and there is Lenin’s Tomb! Surreal experience.

5 Likes

I agree – and even more so since I made a few trips during the transition – 1981, 1991, 1994, 200? & 2014/15. Moscow is so overwhelmingly BIG in every way. I really liked St. Petersburg a lot better, though – or even Leningrad. Strolling along the embankment (and thinking about Raskolnikov) and spending days in the Hermitage. Memories forever.

I’ve only been to the airport in Moscow. Apparently the smoking section is the mens room. If you don’t have lung cancer going in, you probably do when you come out.