Trade Deadline 2022

I really think the Yankees messed up by trading Montgomery and not replacing him.

Funny as hell.

1 Like

I think a number of teams got wrong footed at the end when the priorities of the Cubs and others shifted from ‘getting a good return for these players’ to ‘teaching the rest of the league not to fuck with us, bitches will know better than to lowball next year.’

1 Like

Alvarez is in LF tonight.

Thats nice to hear

I was worried it was an issue with his hand

Sorry if I missed this somewhere

Maybe, w/ the possibility of Lance returning from surgery and rounding into form - w/ continued extra rest for Verlander, that it’s best that Urguidy and the Latin connection stay together to maintain a 6-man starting rotation.
Could the six starters save more runs - and the BP - than an elite CF?

You are on to something. I think saving their starting pitcher depth is prudent if the big CF targets in Pittsburgh and Baltimore were off the table mostly for next year. Verlander may be out of their price range and McCullers remains an injury risk.

Aren’t BOTH injury risks as they begin getting into shape and then start - and keep - stretching to take innings from the BP?

The mental recovery from an injury is no small thing: I have two loved ones that are struggling to recover emotionally from traumatic events (a TIA and a seizure).
It messes with your mind, your confidence, your security, and ability - you no longer feel invulnerable…

Meyers is an elite defensive CFer. He is not hitting at all right now.

More than that, he seems to hesitate to dive for the ball and occasionally pulls back from an encroaching wall…
Can’t blame him. Bet Tucker won’t forget his catch in Yankee stadium…

It’s a tough injury he sustained.

I was surprised he came back as soon as he did. And he did look good at the plate for a bit, I wonder if he re-injured something at some point and hasn’t told anyone. I remember him taking a couple of awkward landings on diving catches.

2 Likes

Not currently. If teams are running on you at will, you can’t be elite.

2 Likes

I’m awake listening to Vin Scully stuff on youtube, so I just looked this up: Meyers 1st 15 games vs last 15 (not including tonight, he’s played 31 total games)

.296 .328 .444 .772, 3BB 18K, 58PA
.130 .200 .196 .396, 2BB 20K, 50PA

2 Likes

That is an injury. My comment was limited to his ability to run down balls hit in his area. I guess I need to define my terms.

Agreed. I remember posting that I was worried about him reinjuring his shoulder a few weeks back. He made a diving attempt coming in on a ball, winching in pain after but ended up staying in the game.

Hope he gets the call to AAA.

3-4 last night with 2 more HRs, a double and a walk. Watching him at the plate, he kind of reminds me of Luke Scott.

1 Like

Was the other shoulder, iirc.

2 Likes