Trade Deadline 2022

I think he’s gotten more coherent recently, which is the problem.

Color me skeptical…

Doesn’t really seem like an area of need, but maybe they want to dump Abreu and move Javier back to the pen?

what is the name of the game. Make players cost more for other teams. I would say i am interested also, if i was the manager.

Perhaps they view it as an upgrade on Urquidy and Garcia along with a way to consolidate rotation spots if they are confident McCullers will be back in August? That’s all I can figure. They have a lot of club control remaining on every rotation option besides Verlander and Odorizzi. Not to mention Hunter Brown in AAA.

The two worst posts ever on this board…

3 Likes

Juan Soto apparently now on the block:

I doubt he gets moved this deadline, I’d expect something in the offseason. With that said, adding Soto to any team could change the balance of power

I know its Click and not Luhnow but this feels very much like an Astros move.

Verlander in 17 despite having Keuchel, McCullers, Morton, Peacock, and McHugh.

Grienke in 19 despite having Verlander, Cole, Miley, and Peacock.

Apparently the Reds are very weak in outfield prospects in their system but strong in pitching and shortstops ( which hurts a potential deal w/ Yankees).

Realistically the Astros would have to include a young pitcher. They don’t have the value anywhere else and Castillo would take a rotation spot anyway).

I think they should offer:

Luis Garcia, Pedro Leon, Corey Julkes, and Jordan Brewer.

I wonder if the Yankees let Judge walk and go with the younger Soto instead.

I would. Soto may be a punk but he’s not a lying piece of shit. And he’s all around better baseball player. And he’s just 21.

The Nationals are crazy. And Soto is even more crazy for not accepting that offer. The entitled, inflated self worth some people have…

4 Likes

Maybe he wants out of Washington.

I’m worth every bit of more than $440 million. Really.

Betting on himself.

I for one can not fathom turning down that kind of offer but I don’t live in his area code.

But $450 million to him is not the same as $450 million to you or me.

And he WILL get plenty of money so neither he, nor his kids, nor his grandkids will ever have to worry about it again. So he might as well play where he wants.

Giving up both Garcia and Leon for an above average starting pitcher that is a free agent after the 2023 season is too much for me to give. I’d much rather focus on upgrading elsewhere.

2 Likes

Thats a fair opinion.

I think Castillo is an upgrade over Garcia.

The team will worry about 2024 after they focus on winning this World Series.

Leon has great promise but is still unproven and has holes that could prevent him from being a star.

Julkes and Brewer are lottery tickets

This is the price

Some fans will think they should pay and some think they shouldn’t.

I don’t think so.

1 Like

If they can pull it off and are smart this is exactly what they will do. Soto is better AND 7 years younger. I hope the Yankees are not smart or can’t get him

He probably doesn’t want to be the next Mike Trout