Tigers @ Astros, May 8, 2022 Mother’s Day Special

I don’t know, Turkish tea is gooder’n hell.

By the way, ‘very good’ in Turkish is something like ‘cok guzel’ which always entertains my inner adolescent.

I like Turkish coffee. And Arabic coffee. Not sure I’ve had much Turkish tea.

And I’m smoking a Crowned Heads Undercrown Sun Grown toro.

Halfway…4-0 Astros

I like home run Bregman

1 Like

After five…5-0 Astros.

Odorizzi out, Javier in

After all the shit we gave Odorizzi after his first couple of starts he’s been outFUCKINGstanding his last three or four times out. Warms my cold, black heart.

5 Likes

Turned on the game at the top of 5th. Have only followed the Odorizzi discussion here this year and not seen him. Saw him hit all four corners of the strike zone with his first four pitches to Torkelson and then got him to swing and miss at an up and in FB for the strikeout. Seems like a good version of Odorizzi to have.

---- for those who are wondering about the math, the first two - high outside and high inside corners - were called balls, but could have gone either way in my humble opinion. The swing and miss last pitch was basically same location as pitch 2.

It has been a remarkable turnaround, especially for a veteran.

Middle of six…5-0 Astros

He just got fed up.

End of six…still 5-0 Astros

So, they’ve flipped Javier back to long relief? I guess I’ll just have to trust the baseball heads on that one.

At the Stretch…5-0 Astros

I guess. He’s looked good today.

In general, I don’t like having a pool. But days like today make it almost worth it.

It has to do with the schedule and a 6-man rotation. TK explained it a couple of innings ago, but I was only half-listening.

1 Like

I miss the pool I had in NW Hills. Not room for one here.

The announcers said they are getting him work because of the off day tomorrow.

1 Like

When we bought our house I said I only have two requirements…I don’t want two stories and I don’t want a pool. My wife said she only had two…she wanted two stories and a pool. So we compromised and got what she wanted.

I like it some days, but it’s a lot of work.

3 Likes

I paid a pool service and had a Polaris. The only work it was for me was keeping leaves out of it.