The Void: 2023-24

Management only views it as a problem in that they want to pay players less. So they can pocket more money. But as long as both sides are printing money, don’t expect either side to force any change.

I guess if you are going to bust through the ceiling, you might as well do it with gusto.

1 Like

Report says Machete is close to a deal with the White Sox, where he’d be in line to share time with Korey Lee.

Update: Heyman says it’s done, one year with an option. I’m going to assume that’s a club option.

Baseball America’s current issue ranks the top ten Astro prospects in order from 1 to 10:

Jacob Melton, of
Luis Baez, of
Spencer Arrighetti, rhp
Brice Matthews, ss
Zach Dezenzo, 3b
Joey Loperfido, of/2b
Zachary Cole, of
Alonzo Tredwell, rhp
Kennedy Corona, of
Andrew Taylor, rhp

Their assessment of the farm system posits that the trading of Drew Gilbert and Ryan Clifford moved them from the middle of the pack to the farm talent basement (their terminology)

For his sake I hope the atmosphere around that club improves.

Cabrera ride the bus - I would highly recommend it

1 Like

Nowhere to go but up

I wonder where Verlander would fall on their top 100.

1 Like

4 Likes

They’ll still lose the Division Series in 5 games.

3 Likes

A mighty swing and a tapper back to the mound. So much missed opportunity with that caption. I’ll do their work for them:

BREAKING: Dodgers sign Godzilla early this morning from the North Pacific Ocean. 5 years, $900 million, with $700M deferred until 2040 for this bonafide cleanup hitter.

1 Like

Which is an excuse to recommend Godzilla Minus One, a great movie and tribute to the original Japanese version of 1954

2 Likes

Disagree with this rec, as someone with no time for romanticizing of Imperial Japan

Wander Franco blowing off a summons from DR authorities for questioning about his relationship with underage girl. It’s a bold strategy.

1 Like

Sometimes a story breaks without clear facts, and as time goes on, you realize it’s not as big a deal as it sounded in the beginning. This one has gone the opposite direction.

3 Likes

Tied and true: ignore them, and they’ll go away.

Give most 20 year old guys $180MM, shit’s gonna happen. But then, he might just be a sick motherfucker.

Not that kind of shit.

Theres shit and then there this shit

Giolito to the Red Sox on a 2-year deal. Next candidate?