The Ukraine Invasion

Ukraine is going to end up being a really strong US ally in that region. The Russians messed with the wrong people with the wrong friends.

3 Likes

Should work out better than that other time we armed and funded a resistance to a Russian invasion, at least.

I can see Ukraine being our big stick to counter any future Russian aggression.

1 Like

Yesterday a video showed Bradleys on a train moving through Poland. Today the US announced they’re sending 50 of them to Ukraine. Maybe gearing up for a new offensive?

1 Like

Those of us, who remember the initial rollout of the Bradley fighting vehicle, might be inclined to think that this is not a serious uptick in offensive fire power for the Ukrainians. That could not be further from the truth. These are now seriously, effective rapid mobility offensive assets. The vast majority of risk that slow, plodding tanks encumber (and have been realized in this fight) are largely ameliorated by the high speed mobility and firepower of these vehicles.

1 Like

Source may have already been the victim of a window.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly the Bradleys had a higher tank kill count in Iraq than the actual Abrams tanks did. This could have as big of an impact as HIMARS. And NATO is still just sending the old stuff.

1 Like

Incredible if Putin’s legacy ends up being “he got us into another Afghanistan except if Afghanistan had ended up in NATO at the end of the war.”

2 Likes

They are exceedingly dangerous in that part of the world.

EU energy imports, US vs. Russia.

How is that possible? I’ve been told that Biden is killing the domestic energy bidness.

2 Likes

I’m sure this all has something to do with Hunter.

3 Likes

Not an EV but it looks like Ukraine is finally getting some Abrams tanks. Maybe the Leopards will be released as well?

1 Like

It looks like they have been. Poland will probably be the first to provide them. The Abrams contingent may be very small and there only to give the Germans cover. This may be good because the logistics for the Abrams is very different than the Leopard 2 or the British Challenger. Keeping these tanks supplied with parts, trained techs, fuel and ammo will be an enormous challenge.

1 Like

I was reading that typically the US operates 2 Bradleys with 1 Abrams in a mobile kill team with infantry support. And it looks like they sent a bit over 100 Bradleys with an initial promise of around 50 Abrams. In any case, we finally get to see the Abrams and Leopards do what they were built for: killing Russians in Eastern Europe.

3 Likes

Every military in the world will be keeping score.

2 Likes

German and American tanks lined up together facing the Russians. And they say war never changes.

1 Like

Literally nobody who knows anything about war says that.

2 Likes

In fact, they say that no battle plan survives first contact.

They’re gonna need a bigger graveyard.