The Ukraine Invasion

Looks like there might be a negotiated surrender of some of the Russians around Kherson.

2 Likes

This was just (imagined to be) translated from a Ukrainian social media post:

We fired our guns
and the Russians kept a comin’,
there wasn’t as many
as there was a little before.
We fired once more
and they began to runnin’,
up the Siverskyi Donets river
and across the Russian bor’er.

2 Likes

It’s like he’s remaking The Sopranos.

1 Like

“Clearly he commit suicide. He set own feet in concrete to make sure.”

1 Like

Enough to have a wiki page about them.

Setting the stage to nationalize the oil and gas bidness.

1 Like

It’s not just internal Russian businessmen they target:

Putin recruiting convicts as cannon fodder.

What a terrible country Putin has built. Sanctions cannot be removed even after the war.

1 Like

What an abject waste of humanity to satisfy some petulant waste of skin’s power hunger.

May uncle vlad die a wonderfully awful death.

Slava Ukraini.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The Ukrainian defense ministry Twitter has been throwing hands this whole war. It’s fantastic.

1 Like

It’s outstanding government propaganda shit talking, and I don’t mean that in a bad way

I think it played at least some role in the Kherson distraction campaign.

My post from several days ago was premature regarding Lyman and a few other locations being liberated, it seems they now are actually in the process of being liberated.

More importantly, Trump’s Russian dom was scheduled to make a Big Ass Announcement about annexation, mobilization, and perhaps even martial law. The Big Ass Announcement was widely advertised over State media. Then, when the time came for the Big Ass Announcement, crickets. Russian stock market plummets 9+% and still crickets.

Imagine Trump’s mood if it turns out his long awaited reach-around is in jeopardy.

All NATO planes in the area just turned off their transponders for the first time during this war. Probably a warning.

Something’s afoot.

I think it was “Think very carefully about what you’re about to do”.

Yesterday, Putin ordered a partial mobilization of “reservists” and rattled his nuclear sabre. NATO flashing its teeth immediately in response is a good call, IMHO. Got to let him know that this aggression will not stand.

Call up papers dropping on Russian doormats has sparked widespread protests, and nearly all flights out of Russia (destination: anywhere) were full. The Russian stock market fell 10% after a 9% drop the day before.