The Ukraine Invasion

That’s why Russia wants to go the the UNSC to whine. I hope the U.S. ambassador responds with “Don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit.”

1 Like

I understand all this to mean Russia is transitioning from “fucked around” to “found out”.

2 Likes

Also they get a little taste of what it would be like to go toe-to-toe with the full NATO coalition. And it’s a very small taste.

1 Like

This is what happens when the good guys show up.

2 Likes

Sometimes we need a reminder that these people are fighting for their home, culture, and their identity not just their lives.

5 Likes

Was reading about how the territorial defense, basically untrained militias, have been taking terrible abuse from Russian artillery for the past few months. All done to keep Russia from advancing too far while 300,000 soldiers were trained by NATO countries. They’ve been rotated out now but the price was heavy.

Yes, I read the same thing months ago, but now to see the strategy come to fruition is very gratifying.

Combined arms assaults are very difficult. Russia hasn’t been able to do it yet, but it is core NATO training. I’m guessing there were many Ukrainian officers at Ft. Irwin for the last four months or so and they’ve put the training to stellar use.

Izium is nearly surrounded and Kupiansk may actually be in Ukrainian control, although that’s unconfirmed.

Just remarkable.

2 Likes

Ukraine has made startling progress overnight. Kupiansk is once more Ukrainian, which is astonishing in it’s own regard, but that’s not nearly all. Lyman and, almost unbelievably, Izium itself has been liberated.

They left a “golden bridge” for the invaders and were able to retake the city with minimal damage. Unlike the Russians, the Ukrainians don’t flatten a city to take it.

Russian media is hyperventilating.

4 Likes

This is very encouraging. This is a decently long thread.

Thoughts and prayers.

Slurp shit and die, uncle vlad.

Slava Ukraini.

They could just leave and never come back if they don’t want to be maimed or killed. Right now the Ukrainians are becoming exceedingly efficient at killing Russians.

1 Like

There seems to be no loss of momentum.
The Ukrainians have “grabbed 'em by the nose, kicked 'em in the ass, and is going through 'em like crap through a goose!”.

Severdonetsk is under attack by Ukraine from the east side of the river. Russia took months to take this town. There are some reports it may already be back in Ukrainian hands. It’s sister city, Lysychans, on the west side of the river has apparently already been recaptured by Ukraine.

I’ve see reports, which seem fantastical, or would have last week, that Vovchans’k near the Russian border has been abandoned by Russian forces. Some claims have all Russian forces north of Kupiansk cleared out all the way to the border. I’m going to look for confirmation, but if true, this is a rout of epic scope.

Glory to Ukraine!
Glory to the Heroes!

7 Likes

The reports were true. Russia is withdrawing from all of Kharkiv oblast.

The Kyiv defeat was glossed as a “goodwill gesture”, they’re mostly going with “strategic withdrawal” on the Kharkiv defeat.

The “savvy genius” has truly received a “Blue & Gold Star Asswhoopin’”!

1 Like

upload_2022-9-10_11-21-36

2 Likes

The Russians are abandoning their shit and leaving on foot.

1 Like

More maps

1 Like

Cutting off Odessa was a big - and necessary - thing for the Rooskies. The fact that they don’t have it is huge.

The plan was to take Moldova too.

1 Like