The 'Story' Behind Those Fucking Rangers City Connect Uniforms

I got my first look at these abominations last night. As usual, my first thought (They let Spirit Halloween design softball uniforms for prison gangs?) turns out to be overly optimistic and generous.

The Rangers City Connect uniforms…do exactly what the franchise itself has done for the last 50 years: be the – ironically – connection between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth.’

Yes, it’s lazy world salad all the way down…from the article to the 5 minute copy/paste “history” to the uniform itself. I’d almost feel bad, but we are talking about the Rangers here.

It looks like a bunch of 12-year-olds from southern Oklahoma got into their drunk uncle’s meth lab, formed a uniform selection committee, and used a bunch of Sharpies to mimic the Detroit “D”. Then the drunk uncle came home and took a Sharpie and crossed out the whole stupid thing and told them to go the fuck home to whichever of his Dallas sisters is their mother.

4 Likes

The whole “City Connect” idea needs to die.

4 Likes

Looked like a softball uni to me.

2 Likes

Or, really bad Rice University knock offs made in a sweatshop overseas.

2 Likes

When I tuned in last night I thought it was a KBO game.

1 Like

Actual mall cop uniforms…

1 Like

Exactly what I told the wife.

I think the Rangers’ uniforms are perfect, and that they should wear them all of the time.

Never change.