The sci-fi TV thread

Could’ve been handled with a simple, “Come on, Artoo, or they’ll leave us behind”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that scene was not in the original script, but stuck in there because Disney decided you couldn’t have a Star Wars movie without those two.

1 Like

Good grief, I do not know what is going on here. More than usual, I have no clue.

2 Likes

We are doing the movie equivalent of arguing about the 25th man on the roster.

4 Likes

Kinda what I thought, but as Mark will tell you, I am clueless much of the time.

2 Likes

Good fucking lord that 4th episode of Ahsoka fucking delivers the goods.

2 Likes

Why has topic tracking broken for me? It used to be that tracking “Latest” topics would highlight any that had unread messages, and selecting a topic would take me to the earliest unread message in the topic. It still does that for some (topics to which I’ve posted messages, maybe?), but others (like this one, although maybe I’ve undone that now by posting) remain gray and I go to the most recent message, regardless of how many unread messages might precede it. I imagine I inadvertently changed some global tracking option when I was removing Shorething from my world, but I haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

2 Likes

Shorething put a hex on you.

That actually makes the most sense. He’s obviously operating in a different plane of existence.

All the while speaking in a language not one of us understands.

Can you put a hex if you can’t spell “hex”?

2 Likes

He put a hecks on everyone all the way from Whales.

5 Likes

I just hope he doesn’t think I’m a puppy.

3 Likes

Every now and then I think I understand what he is saying. That worries me tremendously.

Not sci-fi TV, but I’m going to put this here because it’s worth sharing and it fits perfectly with the line “Great shot, kid! Don’t get cocky.”

https://twitter.com/ScrollVideos/status/1699385573973336506

I have it, on a VHS tape.

Star Wars is number one on my list; Empire is #2. The worst, you and I agree, is Rise of Skywalker.

That’s fine and all, but there’s now a 4k version of the OT. To give you an idea of the quality, “Star Wars” (because it doesn’t have all that Ep. IV, A New Hope nonsense) is taken almost entirely from a 35mm print of the original film.

https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/project-4k77/

The copies I have are older version in 720p. I’m going to have to look into upgrading to the 4k versions.

I have yet to watch ROS. Likely never will.

Even though I know it is coming, seeing Rey co-opt the Skywalker name will likely cost me a TV.

rik-mayall-kick

1 Like

I always wonder where they get the original 35MM film to scan. Was it a film canister from a large-format movie theater from the original release in 1977?

It is gobsmackingly bad. Like, functionally-this-is-not-even-a-movie bad. The plot is incoherent, the character choices feel picked out of a hat, the tone is bizarrely different from any previous SW movie, and the editing makes it seem like whole plots were added at the last minute through reshoots. It’s remarkable that nobody up the ladder put their foot down to scrap it and start over. Never watch it.

2 Likes