The sci-fi TV thread

Here’s my thing: if it were called “Birth of the Rebellion” or “Mon Mothma” or something, I’m much more excited. But “Andor” implies a focus on a character I find rather dull.

The look and feel of the show is excellent. Sadly, the core character/plot is somewhat lacking.

Who is Andor?

1 Like

Cassian Andor; the rebel dude from Rogue One, played by Diego Luna.

It’s where the Ewoks live.

No, that’s Endor.

Andor is the kid who led Earth’s forces against the Formics.

Not even close to a strike

It’s a Christmas miracle.

Damn the Empire!

And I’m clearly not in the GZ.

I’ll see myself out and leave with this:

Why didn’t any of Luke Skywalker’s marriages last?

He always followed Obi-Wan’s advice: “Use divorce, Luke.”

1 Like

Was a little slow to start but ep 3 is a lot of fun. Looking forward to the rest of series.

1 Like

You’re right. Really livens up in Ep3.

Also, Luther Rael’s ship was definitely manufactured by the same company that made the Falcon.

1 Like

Ep 5 of Rings is pretty fucking epic.

3 Likes

I finished this over the weekend. It was interesting and well done. The CA tech startup culture and drama arc represented in the show is alive and well, for sure. Some things ever change.

1 Like

I don’t mind a slow burning build up at all.

I just finished Episode 3, and man, that build up and tension was excellent.

1 Like

Yep. Both of these things are totally correct.

For All Mankind: “Just Put some gray hair dye on Shantel, she’ll totally look 60”

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

I read today that the Q plot in Encounter at Farpoint—and thus the entire framing of the series as the trial of humanity—was not originally part of the script, but was added late in the writing process to fill out the double-length runtime. I never would’ve guessed that such a core part of the series was basically a throw-in.

4 Likes