Texans 2021

The new Arizona Texans, now with 100% less Jack Easterby!

What the hell is going on…

I honestly would not be surprised if the club “incentivized” the woman to file the suit in order to besmirch Watson and make his negotiations more difficult.

1 Like

I’m also hearing Watson created this in an effort to force his trade or release.

What a clusterfuck this team is.

1 Like

Buzbee v Hardin. Lots of drama in that team. They are making the Cowboys look like Boy Scouts.

I’m not seeing how this does him or the team any good relative to a trade. I mean, it’s the Texans so who knows, but what incentive would they have to diminish their trade chip? And why would Watson want to hurt his reputation?

Speculation is that he’s trying to force them to release him. Far fetched, I know. I guess he’s claiming it’s a shakedown. But yeah, with that bunch running the show…

This is getting ugly, 6 women now.

Here’s the 2nd lawsuit and the details are…not pretty.

https://www.scribd.com/document/499204637/Georgia-woman-s-lawsuit-vs-Deshaun-Watson#from_embed

Here’s the 3rd…it’s even worse

All caveats of presumed innocence apply, and I think we can rule out a ploy by Watson to force a trade.

I think a pattern is starting to emerge.

1 Like

I always hear how beautiful young women throw themselves at pro athletes. It seems super weird and sad that Watson has to go to such lengths just to get a simple hand job

He’s flying an unlicensed, unschooled, instagram massage therapist from Atlanta to Houston? WTF?

So, they will not go 0-17. They actually played pretty good yesterday. Yes, it was against the Jags, but that was an NFL beatdown, exactly what you should do to bad teams. They’re not good, but that was as good a game as we’ve seen from them in a long time, even against bad teams.

The Good:

1. Tyrod Taylor was not terrible. In fact, he was pretty good within his limitations. He’s not the athlete Watson is, nor will he ever be the passer or playmaker. But, what he did really well was execute the offense. He got the play called, got to the line and got the play in motion. He made quick reads and quick decisions, and when it wasn’t there, shut it down and regrouped for another play. I don’t know how many times Watson would get to the line with 12-14 seconds on the play clock and not get the snap off, or run around trying to force something. Occassionally he did, but just as often he made a mistake and got sacked or turned the ball over. I was impressed with Taylor’s decisions and sticking to the game plan.

2. Speaking of sacks…Taylor was sacked once, and that was on a scramble. Not once did the pocket collapse on him and he get crushed. Again…the Jags, but that has been a weakness for a long time that did not rear its ugly head yesterday.

3. They ran the ball effectively. Ingram did not bust out for 150 yards or anything, but they ran the ball when they needed to run the ball.

4. First down efficiency. They consistenly got positive yards on first down, and they had a lot of 2nd and 5, 3rd and 1 situations. That’s a whole lot more manageable than 3rd and 12.

5. Third down efficiency. I think they had four third downs of greater than 7 yards, and they converted three of them…at least two on a drive where they scored a touchdown.

6. They did not have a lot of stupid penalties. They had a couple of roughing the passer calls they gotta clean up, and Tunsil had a false start. But he’s typically been good for four or five a game. So that’s an inprovement.

7. Turnovers. They had three interceptions yesterday. They had three all of 2020. Nuff said.

8. They stopped the run. At least the few times Jax tried it. I was shocked at the Jags’ game plan of sending Lawrence out in his first game with guns blazing from the start. That was a bad idea as he was obviously a little nervous and had not adjusted to the NFL yet. They were disorganized on offense, and Lawrence was way late on many throws. That helped the Texans.

9. Whoever this kicker for the Texans was, he was rock solid. Every kick was right down the middle, and the Jags did not return a kickoff. I don’t know how long Fairbairn is gonna be out, and this Slye fella may go out and shank the next four, but I did not get the knot in my stomack on every field goal or extra point that Fairbairn gives me. I’m not that concerned if/when he comes back.

10. The TE. Whoever #85 is, I like him. He made some great catches and runs, and had a fantastic game blocking. To run the ball in the NFL, you have to block at the TE and the Texans did yesterday.

11. Overall I thought the coaching and game plan were solid.

The Bad:

1. I would have liked to have seen a little more pass rush. Lawrence was late on throws, throwing behind guys or over them. That led to turnovers. More experienced QBs are not gonna be that bad. That much time is going to be a disaster against a Mayfield or Tannehill or Wentz.

2. Twice they let the Jags convert on 3rd and 15 or greater. Can’t do that. Gotta get off the field on 3rd and long.

3. A few bad coaching decisions. The accepting the holding penalty to make it 3rd and 19 instead of 4th and 9 was a bad one. The Jags had already missed a field goal earlier, and in this game, you make them settle for long field goal attempts. Don’t put yourself in a position to stomp your dick. Culley did, and his team stomped their dick, which led to the Jags first touchdown. Don’t get cute, coach. Manage the game. There was a also a play I thought he should have challenged. It was a completed pass on 3rd down, that very clearly was incomplete. It did not get a first down, so he let it go, but I think you have to challenge that. You’ll get that challenge back when you win and it shows your team and the refs that you’re paying attention.

Other than that, not a whole of negative I took from this one. This may be the only game this season I feel this way, but it was nice to see them go out and play well after a tumultuous offseason. It was a beautiful morning to tailgate, the Texans played well, the Astros won, and my victory cigar did not unravel. It was a pretty good day.

2 Likes

Great write up. It was a fun watch. I still assume if they reach 4 wins on the season with this lack of talent, it will be a great job by the coaches.

I still wonder about Lawrence. My gut tells me he will never be a superstar, but he makes the occasional super-impressive throw that made him the top pick.

Urban is due for a physical problem, one that gets him out of the situation there.

I thought Lawrence showed some skills. He’s got them to be a superstar, but he was just not ready to go out and throw 50+ times in his first ever NFL game. Lovie Smith is a very good defensive coach, but the Texans ain’t exactly stocked on that side of the ball (or any side). And they confused him pretty regularly. He also seemed unprepared for the speed at which things happen, which led to timing issues with his recievers and throws off target. Just a poor game plan from the Jaguars, I thought. Perhaps Meyer had the same problems. The NFL is a step up, fellas.

Did the Texans coach just pull a “Dusty”?

Holy sweet shit… think I’ve just witnessed the single dumbest coaching decision in the history of sports.

3rd and 15, Texans gain 14 yards, but Browns were offsides. Instead of taking the five yards and making it 3rd and 10, Culley declines it make it 4th down. But then fucking punts. He basically punted on 3rd and 10. Are you fucking shitting me? This cannot be real

A quickkick on 3rd and 10 would have been a less dumbass move than that.

I think Case Keenum is Mayfield’s backup.

When he declined the penalty , I thought, ok that’s bold. But what have you got to lose. But to punt? I cannot even wrap my head around that level of stupid. That’s Donald Trump level of genius.

2 Likes

I thought for sure he would take the penalty and 3rd and 9 or go for 4th and 1 if not.

1 Like