Super Bowl LVI

Stafford has paid his dues. Burrow is really good and likely to get another shot.

Conspiracy theories are alive and well here.

Why watch the game? Yā€™all know who the refs will cheat for. Same song every week here. Somebody is cheating somebody.

I am happy for Stafford and Kupp.

3 Likes

Refs gave LA two TDs.

Iā€™m happy for Stafford. He deserves it. And Mattress Mac.

Mac was just hedging his store promotion. As usual.

Line was 3.5 I believe. Swung on that botched PAT.

I think it was 4.5, so that didnā€™t matter.

Yes, I know.

Unless I missed one, every car commercial except that Eugene Levy/Nissan ad was specifically for an electric car.

There were several commercials where I still have no earthly clue what they were for.

How about that one that was just a QR code flashing on the screen? That was fucked up.

That was one I didnā€™t get. Perfect time to take a whizz though.

In Olympics newsā€¦tonight I found out that monobob was a sport.

1 Like

That looks like it would be a lot of fun.

All of those sled sports look like a blast.

Seen on Twitter:

50 cent looks more like a buck 25 these days.

1 Like

This makes Super Bowl XXXVII that I havenā€™t watched.

Conspiracy theory? Maybe. I love football, and Iā€™ve always loved watching the NFL. But Iā€™m bothered by the way that game was officiated in the last 2 minutes compared to the first 58 minutes. Iā€™m bothered by how closely the NFL has aligned itself with gambling and bookmakers. It bothers me that the recipient of this years ā€œconvenienceā€ happens to be the owner who just lost an $800MM lawsuit two months ago. Iā€™m happy for the players who won, and I feel for the players who gave it their all and came up short.

Conspiracy theory? Along with a lot of naivete, probably.

So explain Macā€™s betting strategy/promo to me. I get that he puts a big bet on whichever team heā€™s picking to cover if he has to pay it out, but is he making money either way or breaking even either way? I truly donā€™t get it.

Say he sells $1M in mattresses in the promo period. Does he bet $1M on the Bengals so that he makes money if they win/breaks even if they lose? Or does he bet whatever it would take to make $1M so that he makes money if the Rams win and breaks even if the Bengals win? Or something entirely different?

This is a serious question. Iā€™ve been wondering this ever since heā€™s been running these promos.

Heā€™s making money selling financing for furniture. The ā€œwagersā€ are just marketing.