Streaming TV Service

They used to offer the 500 hours upgrade but suddenly took it away and stuck everyone with 10 hours.

At least that upgrade is back, but the DVR is buggy as shit.

I hate AT&T. It’s amazing that streaming live TV is still a total clusterfuck.

BTW, apparently we all missed the news that Fubo is adding MLB Network this week:

With the pending addition of ESPN, Fubo seems like the way to go. They are indeed hiking their rates another $5/month though.

I haven’t found anything about which AT&T TV Now package carries Sportsnet SW.

Everything I’ve seen indicates that the $80 package carries the RSNs.

Makes Fubo the better deal if you’re just in it for the sports coverage.

1 Like

Absolutely.

1 Like

Not having ESPN and MLB Network were my main complaints about FuboTV. Now my biggest gripe is the not-so-user-friendly interface.

And of course AT&T does their typical bait and switch with the $80 package. They give you HBO max for free for a month, but then it automatically renews at $15/mo if you don’t cancel it, which I’m sure will require a phone call (at least one) and hours on hold.

and navigate a very slow phone menu where all the choices don’t seem to apply to what you are calling about.

Does Fubo have the Hallmark Channel?

Three Hallmark channels. And Lifetime, LMN, and OWN!

All three Hallmark channels, plus the Murder Channel are absolute musts for my household.

I guess they’re enforcing the blackouts so people won’t stay home and watch the game instead of buying a ticke…hmm…

2 Likes

MLB blackout rules have never been about protecting the gate. You’re conflating MLB and the NFL.

MLB blackout rules exist to grant exclusivity to networks who purchase broadcast rights.

3 Likes

That’s the frustrating thing.

I’d gladly pay a surcharge to FSW (Arlington’s RSN) to watch Astros games here.

But I guess all this was negotiated well before streaming was a thing.

You don’t need to pay FSW anything, you just need to pay for AT&T Sports. You’re in the Astros broadcast territory. FSW has nothing to do with it.

Yep, and that’s what I’ve done.

In order to get Stars/Mavs games we need FSW. Our previous carrier, Dish, dropped FSW almost a year ago and only carries the Rocky Mountain ATT SN.

The streaming services seem to have one or the other (ATT SN/FSW). Plus our neighborhood has frequent outages. So we’re getting DTV. It’ll be fine I hope. ATT reviews here have me a little concerned.

I’m a well known fan of DTV. I never have any problems with it. But I make no guarantees.

1 Like

FWIW, YouTube TV has MLB Network, and at least out here in Northern California, the regional sports network (although, it’s NBC not FOX). Cost is going up to $65/mo. in August.

I’m in the Astros home territory so I’m blacked out, even though no one has broadcast them here in at least a decade. I’ve been using a VPN to “move” to a new territory.