Sea Hags at Astros, 8/19/23

By the way, the Mariners will own the tiebreaker over the Astros tonight with one more win in the season series, including tonight.

So you’re saying it could happen tonight?

Could, will, yes.

Well, Chronic Town’s not a bad way to go out.

If you send me 40 BTC you’ll get your account back.

I had been to the record shop earlier that day, and the owner was telling me every once in a while he likes to pick an artist and go straight through their entire catalog, start to finish. He had Murmur on the turntable. I asked if he started with Chronic Town, but said he was unfamiliar with it, and didn’t have a copy. I said if he started with that, he’d be in for a treat. I went home and took my 1982 original pressing for a spin.

2 Likes

Dotted that up nicely.

So it was the CLERK?

1 Like

Nice. Weird that the record shop dude wouldn’t know Chronic Town. I would have guessed that he would consider everything after about Reckoning to be mainstream garbage. That’s Record Shop Dude 101.

2 Likes

I lost track of them at Automatic for the People

Another one.

The corner has not been kind to Jose.

He’s actually pretty cool and knows a lot, but he’s fairly young. He recently purchased the shop from the original owner who opened it in like 1978. And there are a lot of self-proclaimed REM fans who think Murmur was their first record.

And I think Reckoning is spectacular. Really their first seven were really good, other than Fables of the Reconstruction. Which isn’t terrible, it’s just not good.

I lost interest at Green. But I’ve since listened to it again and there’s more on that record to like than I’d remembered. I also remember why I didn’t like it at the time, but I think we all know how I’ve mellowed over the years. I’ve been slowly working my way through their fiveish records I do not know. Some of them I’m liking a lot (Accelerate) and others I just don’t get at all (Monster).

1 Like

I think this Altuve kid may stick around

That left fielder has not been kind.

1 Like

Yeah I wish that guy would close his eyes on the next one hit his way.

Reckoning was always my favorite of that run of records, but I like Fables a lot more than most people tend to.

I’m tired of their left fielder.

1 Like

14 for 16

1 Like

Seeing Orange Crush live a couple of times is one of my favorite memories of the band.

1 Like

That ball was 4 inches inside and he still pulled it down the line.