Sea Hags at Astros, 8/19/23

And the Astros kept the roof closed, avoiding a 40000 person reenactment of the Ark of the Covenant being opened.

So we’ve got that going for us.

3 Likes

I need a drink

Yes, the first series inside the 10 was not good, pressure and a miscommunication caused the 3-4th down incompletions. He was fine after that, 2 drops a bad snap and a penalty on the OL didn’t exactly help him out, nor does that lack of WR talent.

Might want to talk to NOAA about that.

His biggest problem on the first drive was having 3rd and goal from the one and taking the delay of game penalty. That changed that series. He has talent. But he’s got a LONG way to go.

Right, but that’s nothing that’s not fixable. Gotta call a TO there.

Rookie QBs are rookie QBs

The defense (I don’t know if they were just playing vanilla stuff or what) could not handle the speed of Miami’s offense, that was a bit concerning. To be fair, Miami’s offense is about the fastest/best in the league

I suppose everything is fixable. I’m just saying that’s evidence he’s got a lot to learn. I’m not suggesting he’s a bust.

One of, if not the biggest problems for the Texans last year was the inability to stop the run. They may end up better at that, but that was not in evidence today. That still looks like it’s going to a major problem.

Both lines were horrible in the run game

They brought in some players on D to fix that…we’ll see

Missed all but the 9th, but watched & rewatched the replay of Rodríguez’s intervention after reading about the HBP in the 5th.

For all the world it felt like a younger brother was stepping in to protect his very frustrated, confused older brother.

That sight quickly defused the situation for the players - and bewildered some coaches.

Well done, Rodriquez!

(I’m rooting for you when your not hurting the 'Stros.)

1 Like

Boy, October, and War were all very good. The Unforgettable Fire was magnificent. The Joshua Tree was…fine. Achtung Baby was Framber’s fifth inning tonight. The rest is completely irrelevant.

1 Like

I didn’t care much for their first two but I liked War, Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree. Then sort of lost interest in keeping up with the band.

1 Like

Point of order: New game implies that the Astros tied it up.

Close 'enuf for Snuffy after being down 0-6, but bad location (wrong thread.)

We’ve got a new game = they tied it up

We’re back in it = it’s a close one again