Royals at Astros, 7/7/22

When Yordan’s hand got hurt recently, Dusty made some comment about it being a competitive disadvantage to disclose injuries—other teams would pitch him differently if it was a hamate injury, etc. I guess that’s the basis for the organizational policy, but I don’t really know.

2 Likes

That makes sense. If a team knows a player has a hand/wrist injury, they will likely try to bust him inside more.

1 Like

Hockey teams are notorious for this, especially in the playoffs. They will almost never disclose the actual location of an injury.

Dubon flubs the chopper up the middle from Merrifield, E6 (MM warming up his throwing arm)
Benintendi chopper in front of 2B fielded by Dubon, he makes the tag on Merrifield, batter safe at 1st
Melendez walks on 5 breaking balls
Pasquantino flies out deep enough to CF to advance both runners, 2nd/3rd 2 outs
Rivera lines out to Dubon on a 1-2 FB that caught way too much of the middle of the plate

1-0, Stros really need to solve the goon on the mound

Dubon up 3-0, gets to 3-2 (questionable zone), walks
Chas completely misses a meatball changeup for strike 1, hits the next pitch hard but again right at the SS for the easy DP
Maldy 4 pitch BB (1 pitch was close)
Altuve 5 pitch BB (1 ball was close)
The goon’s gone wild, prompts a mound visit
Diaz hosed on strike 1, ball, swings through 92 middle in, jamshot foul, flails at a high changeup 6 inches outside

1-0 end of 3

Strikezone has been nothing close to consistent so far, for either pitcher

1 Like

“Ralph Wiggum lost his shinguard! Hack the bone! Hack the bone!!!”

1 Like

If these slapdicks aren’t going to hit then at least play the field like you’ve got some goddamn common sense.

1 Like

2-0, put it on the board.

Fuckery in the OF, single gets flubbed by both Meyers and then Chas in RCF. Oliveras gets to 3B, 2 base error charged to Meyers
SF deep to RF gives them the freebie run
Lopez, who has seemed to kill the Stros in his short career, single to shallow RF
Gallagher carved up, K makes it 2 outs
Merrifield Ks swinging

2-0, rattle the fucking bats

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a ground ball go through two sets of legs at the major league level.

Wtf is going on with the defense in this series?

/bullpen phone rings

Yeah, I’m loose.

1 Like

WTF is going on with the Astros in this series? They haven’t played well but, fortunately, found a way to win the first two games.

This team cools off faster than a date to church.

3 Likes

Bubic stymied them in the shutout loss in KC. Which was also a day game. There’s something about his 92 mph fastball they can’t figure out. It’s infuriating.

It’s a miracle they’ve won any games this series.

Upper body or lower body.

That’s it.

I don’t get it, either. The Astros should hit a pitcher with a 7.06 ERA. But, here we are.

These Royals are annoying me.

Performance-wise.

1 Like