Royals @ Astros, September 23, 2023

127 WRC+. It was 137 last year. I worry they will, due to lack of better options. Dezenzo is striking out almost 30% of the time in AA.

Healthy Altuve, healthy Yordan, maybe Peña and Abreu can drift back somewhere into the area of congenial mediocrity
 You could win some games.

1 Like

Next year should be better.

Then again this year shouldn’t have been so bad.

I am eternally grateful for this period in Astros history of course.

10 Likes

I’ll try to do better

Bullshit.

They need to make some changes, nothing huge, and there’s nothing in their recent history to say they won’t.

New Manager and New Catcher are the 2 no-doubt moves right off the bat.

1 Like

For the right price you absolutely bring him back.

1 Like

Hey guys let’s look on the bright side, at least we’ve got the Texans tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s like a split-squad game
I think there’s about 8 starters out

I’ll still take the beloved Houston Oilers kicking me in the mommy-daddy buttons perpetually over giving a flying rat’s ass about the Texans.

Rot in hell and fuck you in perpetuity, bud adams.

Luv ya Blue.
Houston Oilers Number One.

Bullshit. This is basically the same team that won 106 games last year. This team needs a good manager.

1 Like

Not uncommon to miss the postseason after a WS win. The reasons are varied, but this one seems especially deliberate.

Does this guy not realize 2015was not the Royals’ first World Series win? Did he think baseball started in 2005?

ETA: Oops

1985 and 2015.

The 85 World Series was so much fun for 11 year old me.

The article referenced the 2015 KC team championship and the boldface headings pertain to the teams missing the playoffs since the arbitrary selection of the 2000 season.

1 Like

He then goes on to say that at least the Royals have one World Series win. No, they have two.

Journalism edit functions are lacking these days

They cost money. Better to do without.