Red Sox at Astros, 8/21/23

Javier stomps his dick…3-0 before the Astros even have a chance to bat.

Sparky said on radio that Baker said Javier was gonna have to pitch longer than they probably want him to tonight due to what the bullpen has had to endure the last two games. Well, if that is the case, and this start is any indication, this is gonna get fucking ugly.

I’m wondering when the Astros give Javier some rest. Something is not right.

Could one fucking pitcher other than JP France please give the team a fighting chance?

2 Likes

Welp. Another 2-out wipeout.

I get it. But nothing in the last two months suggested Javier could do it. He is not the guy from April and May. Not even close.

33 pitch first inning. Good grief.

May see a position player

Seth Martinez to the rescue.

I think every run the Astros have given up in August have been with two outs.

1 Like

TK said Dusty would like at least 5 or 6 out of Javier tonight. After he gave up a 3-run HR with 2 outs. In the 1st inning. He really said that.

Fucking hell…once again Altuve uses his timeout before the first fucking pitch.

Altuve with a leadoff single

I’d love that, but not sure who they are gonna pitch in his spot. This team needed another innings eating starter at the deadline and didn’t get one. They needed that more than Graveman in my opinion. You could have always shifted Urquidy, France or Brown to the pen later on if needed rather than getting Graveman. Don’t get me wrong, I love Graveman, but another starter is what was needed. Puzzling we didn’t get one when you look at Javier, France and Brown being asked to pitch more innings than they ever have and hope they wouldn’t show any ill effects.

Just got to play the hand we’ve been dealt. Hopefully, they’ll work thru this shit.

Has this team lost it’s collective mind? They are making a lot of mental mistakes lately.

Bregman walks

I think this kid may amount to something

Use a bullpen day. Tandem start Javier and Brown, possibly. I don’t care. You can’t keep running this version of Javier out there to do the same thing every start. He hasn’t had his command since mid June.

1 Like

He’s been a rare bright spot the last few weeks.

Tie it up, Tuck…