Rangers @ Astros, April 15, 2023

When Peña hit that I thought they wouldn’t even make a throw. But that was way closer than I thought.

Does he not have a backup mitt?

Julks with a hit…Astros on the corners, one out

SAAAAFE!

Sac fly scores Peña, Astros take the lead!

2 Likes

Jake Meyers won’t be in the majors come July.

1 Like

End of four…3-2 Astros

I’m hoping he won’t be come May.

1 Like

Unfortunately, he’s abysmal. He needs to be playing everyday at AAA and Brantley can’t get back soon enough. Jake is by far the worst hitter on the team. I’d pitch around Maldonado to get him. No offense to Maldonado.

Right now, I’d pitch around Maldonado to get to Bregman

2 Likes

Spent most of the day cleaning the house and organizing the wine fridge, so missed the first few innings. But starting out with bourbon this evening, so I’m going to say I was involved with Peña scoring.

In case you missed it in the cocktail thread, I had a few of your Third Man recipes earlier this afternoon. Excellent.

Fantastic!! Great minds must think alike because I’m enjoying one as I type this.

Which bourbon did you use, btw? Trying Larceny for this round.

Sorry if this is a GZ violation, but wanted to ask for opinions between innings.

What did y’all think about what happens in the Twins/Yankees game today with German?? Was it done that way because it was the Yankees or did you think the umpires handled it correctly?

I didn’t see it. Got the cliff’s notes version?

The umpires checked German coming off of the field and determined he had too much rosin on his hands, allowing him to grip the ball better. He was instructed to wash his hands off. He did not do so, or either did so poorly, and the umpires gathered him back together for another discussion the next inning He was allowed to stay in the game. Rocco Baldelli went nuts and got ejected.

The video of the incident is pretty interesting. The second conversation the umpires had with the German was pretty animated and then they still let him stay in the game. I don’t blame Baldelli for being ejected and being upset. The umpires commented after the game that since rosin wasn’t illegal they let them stay in the game.

Rosin is legal, so if that’s what it was, they can just make him wipe it off. It was something else, immediate ejection and 10-game suspension. Unless you’re a Yankee the rules have never applied to them.

Still Austin. I saw it on Anders Erickson’s YouTube channel, then it was at Spec’s so thought I’d give it a go. It’s pretty good.