Proud Dad

Woof… came here straight from the Deadpool thread and flinched for a second…

Congrats.

1 Like

There is nothing quite as anxiety-producing as waiting for a bar score. Congrats to Devon!

2 Likes

Or waiting for a bar tab

4 Likes

The bar website crashed the moment scores got posted my year. They went up around 3:30pm. Couldn’t get my results until after 10 that night. Bad enough waiting to see that I passed, brutal for my friends who didn’t.

Incidentally: when going through his keepsakes, we found my father-in-law’s bar results letter from 1984. Back then it was two sections and you needed a minimum score of 75 in each section to pass. Section 1, he got a 75. Section 2, he got a 75. Absolute legend.

7 Likes

When I took the PG exam, they just mailed you a letter, you couldn’t check online or anything. If you passed they didn’t tell you your score, just “Congratulations, you passed. Please send your check to…”. If you failed they gave you the score. That never made sense to me. I passed both parts the first time.

My boss at the time was on his third try and finally passed that time. I got dinged on my performance review because he said I didn’t study hard enough. I said “but I passed”. He said, “yeah, but you didn’t seem to take it serious enough”. That never made sense to me either.

That’s downright nerve wracking.

Congrats to you and your son!

1 Like

When I took the bar exam, there was no online, but it was ok. The Supreme Court Clerk would call our firm the afternoon before grades were released to tell us if we’d passed.

It was a better world then.

2 Likes

Didn’t you get a personal telegram from Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.? Or am I thinking of another old time country lawyer around here?

3 Likes